Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 Audi A4 - worth repairing?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭

Right, seems like the clutch is gone in the car, the dashboard instruments are all switched off (think it's a blown fuse) and she's also in need of a full service:

It's a 99 Audi A4 with about 120k on the clock so not worth much in running condition, maybe 1.5k at best .

I'm skint at the moment and wouldn't know how to replace something like this myself even if I could source a second hand clutch for it. Anyone got an idea of how much it would cost to get the clutch replaced? If anyone knows a good mechanic in the Clontarf area who'd get her up and running cheaply for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Too vague with details, sir.
    99 Audi A4

An Audi A4 what? 1.6? 1.8? 1.8T? 1.9Tdi? 1.9Td red-i Estate, saloon ?

etc., etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

and in that condition its not worth 1.5k

take away the k and youd be closer

bmw535d wrote: »
    and in that condition its not worth 1.5k

take away the k and youd be closer
    Sleepy wrote: »

It's a 99 Audi A4 with about 120k on the clock so not worth much in running condition, maybe 1.5k at best .

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Clutches can be an expensive job on any car,

Worst case scenario, I'll take her off your hands for a few squids ;)

Good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Clutch is about 300-400 euro.

You should get it replaced as the car is practically worthless in its present state.

Gophur wrote: »
    Too vague with details, sir.

An Audi A4 what? 1.6? 1.8? 1.8T? 1.9Tdi? 1.9Td red-i Estate, saloon ?

etc., etc
    It's the 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭caomhino

i got a full clutch kit done recently on a 98 Audi A4 1.8 - came to €450. Car wouldn't even move. I did consider scrapping it but you'd only get about €200 or less from a scrapyard !

caomhino wrote: »
    i got a full clutch kit done recently on a 98 Audi A4 1.8 - came to €450. Car wouldn't even move. I did consider scrapping it but you'd only get about €200 or less from a scrapyard !
    Can you let me know where you had that done?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭caomhino

guy in ashbourne in meath, ashbourne auto clinic, not far out the n2. I'd say you'd get similar if not better pricing if you just ring around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement