Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in D15

Options
  • 10-05-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

can anyone answer me this..why can my mother get NTL or Eircom or any package she wants on her road and I am 100 metres away ona differnt road which is one of the older estates in Coolmine and I cant get NTL or Eircom so All i can get is one of the phone operators or digiweb mobile or wimax which doesnt allow torrents. is it to do with the cabling not under the street?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is to do with the nodes and exchanges not being upgraded, or too far away and the companies not seeing the point of it or not being afford the upgrades or get permission to dig up the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It is to do with the nodes and exchanges not being upgraded, or too far away and the companies not seeing the point of it or not being afford the upgrades or get permission to dig up the roads.

Exactly. Oh and Eircom/UPC don't like you.

The good news is that D15 is currently getting a major upgrade to the UPC broadband network. There's new fiber optic lines being laid which will give 100M/bit+ speeds and allow greater coverage. Was meant to be completed by now, but UPC take twice as long to do things as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

which could be why parts of the blakestown road are being dug up, again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thaedydal wrote: »
    which could be why parts of the blakestown road are being dug up, again!

Rreally? great, I was trying to get upc broadband a couple of weeks ago, and even though my address actually comes under mulhuddart they had it as under blakestown and said it's not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

UPC are 'aware of the problem' affecting many of their broadband users in the area around the Roselawn shopping centre. Lots of customers all loosing connection at the same time at random intervals.

Intermittent issue, so it's gonna be a pain to locate the problem which means we means we shouldn't expect any solution for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement