Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waynes World, It's Party Time, It's Excellent

Options
  • 10-05-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Waynes World is in the papers again - Link

In a related storyThe Limerick Leader has estimated he blew €8,000 on his Daughter Communion celebrations.

Why is it that Police Forces in every other Country on the Planet can tackle organised crime? They investigate People and find an angle to subsequently prosecute them.....

- How hard can it be to detain an unemployed Man and ask him how he is paying for his House, Cars, lifestyle and fcuking Carriages?

Now seemingly the Dundons have gotten Steve Collins detained by the Gardaí at the Taxpayers expense?

- So the money missing from my Payslip now goes on Muppet Gardaí harassing the Victims of organised Crime on the behalf of the organised Criminals?

Really, is this the best that the resources of an entire State can offer?

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I had not heard that Steve Collins was taking to Cork for questioning by Gardai after a complaint by the scum criminal.

Nice to see that a criminal who gets to claim welfare has so much money to openly splash about and still manages to get his welfare.

I lost my job and had to jump through hoops to get some welfare from the social welfare office, waiting 11 weeks for my application to be sorted, and at that I don't get the full dole amount and don't qualify for any of the extra benefits. I still feel ashamed to have to sign on despite me knowing that as soon as I get a sniff of a job I will be signing off.

Yet a fat criminal who never works legally can get his welfare money and still laugh at the welfare offices and the Gardai and CAB by spending thousands publicly on cars, holidays, and this communion.

And the same criminal can cause the father of a murdered son to have to be questioned for some made up claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Yes Raiser, "Muppet" Gardai, it's their fault....we get the picture :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Saw pictures of this circus in the papers yesterday and was horrified.
    They really are making a mockery of not only the system but in fact all of us.
    It makes my stomach turn....

I also had not know about Steve Collins....Christ but the system is truely f*cked.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Yes Raiser, "Muppet" Gardai, it's their fault....we get the picture :rolleyes:

Have you some interpretation that differs - Please share.

- I'm sure that in civilised Countries the Polices forces sort out Organised Crime and can find some means, avenue or process to allow then sidestep an obvious abuse of process which is designed to show them up, demean an innocent working man and cause further heartache and sorrow to him and his extended family.

But then this is the same An Garda Siochana who recently came out and threatened the Country via their GRA that the State Police Force must be paid more or they were all going to turn crooked and start taking bribes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

lol

Yes no other "civilised" country has any organised crime..........massive lol.....

• Advertisement

john_cappa wrote: »
    lol

Yes no other "civilised" country has any organised crime..........massive lol.....

?

Where did you read that?

I've a voucher for Specsavers I could post ya :D

The massive Lol sorry truth is that the Dundons have the Gardaí interviewing their Victims for them at the Taxpayers expense.

- Another sorry truth is that in a City the size of a largish Town the Gardaí have managed to fly a Helicopter over these People for a Decade without ever making any tangible progress.

Perhaps they should land someday, walk up to their front doors and arrest them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i still maintain my idea of hanging them from the lights at the junction of william and o connell street is the way to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

These guys are really taking the piss in fairness. And raiser i agree with you when it comes to the guards, they are useless. If i don't pay my tv licence, i get done for it, yet these guys do what they want and mostly get away with it. Everyone and their dog in this town knows who had roy collins killed, why is only the hitman getting done.
    A few months back we had trouble with neighbours calling down threatening my missus. We rang the guards, they arrived eventually, didn't want to hear my other half out. She was upset and trying to tell them what happened, and one of the guards, cheeky red head fella just wouldn't hear her out, tells her to be quiet but she kept talking so he shouts at her to shut up, in the kitchen of our own home. So she started giving out to them, and rightly so, and they stormed out of the house.
    We wanted to give a statement of what happened with the nieghbours but the guards were always not available or they would ring us back(which never happened). This went on for about 6 weeks til we just gave up.
    We found out afterwards that the neighbours brother is a detective.
    So ya they are rubbish, and a waste of our money.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

Boards.ie......probably the most negative place in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    If i don't pay my tv licence, i get done for it,
    Rightly so. What gives you special exemption? This sort of misguided anger isn't going to solve the problem.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Rightly so. What gives you special exemption? This sort of misguided anger isn't going to solve the problem.

You are so far from the point you are making me dizzy.

- If you want to start a discussion about the TV license then go start a new thread.

His point was that the handy everyday laws are upheld as its much more pleasant to plague decent folk than actually dirty your hands and tackle actual criminals.

Carry on taking the Family car of Mummies for non-payment of 4 week Motor Tax Officer - You may never meet an actual Criminal in that case :rolleyes:

Raiser wrote: »
    handy everyday laws
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

?

- Another sorry truth is that in a City the size of a largish Town the Gardaí have managed to fly a Helicopter over these People for a Decade without ever making any tangible progress.

I find this incredible to be honest. Who is ruling who because the cops in this town are farcical. Chief Wiggum would be an improvement on most of them imo. I've heard all the talk of its not their fault, they're afraid or , its the system thats the problem etc. I don't buy any of that to be honest. Its their ****ing job. Thats what they signed up for.

Something stinks. This is going on years and years and years..and some circles seem happy with the status quo of serious crime in Limerick.. imo, without prejudice etc.

handy everyday laws
    lol

speed-trap.gif

Laugh away!

- The fact is that the above scenario is a pleasant option for our Gardaí when compared with arresting Criminal Gangs - Fresh air, doughnuts, long chats with their mates and a steady stream of "Criminals" to "catch" without even having to raise their heart-rate.

P.S. Yeah, yeah I know blah blah they are the Traffic Corp - They are not expected to catch Criminals, you are the Criminal if you are 5kmph over the limit etc. etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Think you missed the point, everyday people get done for out of date care tax, or no tv licence or something minor but these guys are driving around in new bulletproof suv's while claiming the dole, yet nobody is going after them. It insane. A friend of mines father was taken to court for having car tax that was 4 days out of date, the judge threw out the case and berated the guard who summonsed him for wasting the courts time over something so trivial.

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    We wanted to give a statement of what happened with the nieghbours but the guards were always not available or they would ring us back(which never happened). This went on for about 6 weeks til we just gave up.

I don't know your full story but I can only assume that what you say is true and I agree this is terrible, but there are ways to deal with this type of activity other than on a web forum. Have you complained to the Garda ombudsman? Have you contacted (plagued) your local councillor? Have you engaged a solicitor for advice? Can you provide evidence of the incidents? There are bad eggs in every walk of life, and there will continue to be until they can be weeded out but this will only happen with the results retained by using the correct channels, this also applies to the Guards arresting the gangs, evidence and proof are necessary unless internment laws are brought into action which I don't see as being a realistic option....without the evidence these people are back on the streets within hours.

For instance, you say everybody on the street knows who ordered the murder of Roy Collins. Fair statement which I agree with but proof is needed for anything to stick, that is the harsh reality.

krudler wrote: »
    Think you missed the point,
    I didn't miss any point. Thanks.

Have you some interpretation that differs - Please share.

- I'm sure that in civilised Countries the Polices forces sort out Organised Crime and can find some means, avenue or process to allow then sidestep an obvious abuse of process which is designed to show them up, demean an innocent working man and cause further heartache and sorrow to him and his extended family.

But then this is the same An Garda Siochana who recently came out and threatened the Country via their GRA that the State Police Force must be paid more or they were all going to turn crooked and start taking bribes :mad:

Yes and no thank you. I do not see the need to further engage you given your previous posts regarding the guards. Your opinion is your own and I respect that, mine differs. I just wish we did not have have another thread which is obviously degenerating into a guard bashing exercise although I do understand that some people like the sound of their own voice, or fingers on the keyboard as the case maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Lack of action on the part of Gardai could indicate a strict adherence to the Protocol employed when dealing with Royalty.Political correctness is paramount when addressing extremely sensitive issues involving personages who regard themselves as being distinctly , even ethnically different to the average tax burdened citizen.Hence the Coach,Plumed Horses and the Regalia of the Rich and the Procession to the Church in the unregenerated South Hill.An incongruous spectacle from Pre Revolutionary France? And will the Revellers "Share the Love" adhering to the principle of their hackneyed anthem? Naw,but they will Share the Cake among their,seemingly Above-the-Law Selves and Parade their wealth in the traditional Garish and tasteless Fashion that boosts their Arrogant Egos. The toast is Up Yours to the Gardai and the Law Abiding Citizens of this Republic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

what about all the other kids who made their communion - were they all got up in fancy dress? I thought kids were supposed to wear school uniform for their first communion nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

In fairness its not up to the ordinary Garda , where as i would like to know where our cab investigators are, and the organised crime unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

mike kelly wrote: »
    what about all the other kids who made their communion - were they all got up in fancy dress? I thought kids were supposed to wear school uniform for their first communion nowadays.

If only that was the case , but no every year it gets worse and worse, another money racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

mike kelly wrote: »

They probably were, but I doubt if they all arrived in horse drawn carriages. Confirmations are made in school uniforms, First Communion is still a fancy dress event.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

it's up to the church to put a stop to this practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Dumdums call the Keanes and their enemies rats but this muppet has complained to the Gardai about an innocent man whose life he has ruined. Also their mother ratted out Daddy Dundon in England for killing her bit on the side. There'll be a party in Limerick if that low life c unt or one of his brothers ever gets killed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

On the Live95fm news at six, The mayor stated that as far as he is aware a file has now been sent to the DPP over the criminal's complaint about Steve Collins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Kess73 wrote: »
    On the Live95fm news at six, The mayor stated that as far as he is aware a file has now been sent to the DPP over the criminal's complaint about Steve Collins.
    I can't see them charging him with anything, not a chance. there will be a public outcry

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Yes and no thank you. I do not see the need to further engage you given your previous posts regarding the guards. Your opinion is your own and I respect that, mine differs. I just wish we did not have have another thread which is obviously degenerating into a guard bashing exercise although I do understand that some people like the sound of their own voice, or fingers on the keyboard as the case maybe.

Sensible option to take yes.
    Unfortunately as do most threads on here this one has descended into the same old story of i have my opinion,if you don't like it get stuffed.
    Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The fact of the matter is Limerick is a lawless city. You can pretty much do what ya want in this town and get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Stab*City wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is Limerick is a lawless city. You can pretty much do what ya want in this town and get away with it.

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement