Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How old is your Mobile?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I miss my 3210 with Snake. But I just got my first smartphone there a few months ago (October) with the Sony Xperia Play. Beast of a phone, awesome playing Pokemon and old megadrive games on it perfectly with the gamepad!

Longest I had one was the 3210 I mentioned above, about 4 years. I had a POS Samsung before this phone that lasted a good 2 years or so too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Winty wrote: »

That thread is muuuuch older than my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Ghandee wrote: »
    Good phone though.....

Apple, me arsse!

Yeah I had a choice for either with the same deal, even the people in the shop all recommended the galaxy. Its amazing and I absolutely love it, everything seems so seamless and easy to operate.

I am still discovering things about it a month later now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've merged this with the older thread since they deal with the same topic and I felt like it.

For me 5 years I think, a Siemens SL45. Loved that phone but eventually it broke and I had to get something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

my very first phone i got for my 14th bday :) , one of the motorola ones, i had that till my 18th bday, working perfectly tbh.
    those phones may be laughed at now by most people but their workingwise/memory and battery life were by far the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Nokia, just over four years and going strong

Has the internet but it's very basic, I use it for football and GAA scores and that's it realy
    Has FM radio which I use a lot

All I want, I've no need for a smartphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

35 days old. Had one dating Back tovalentines day 1998, it was a Nokia. my now husband got it for me. I gave it to his dad in 2003 and he had it till 2 years ago when it finally gave up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

As a phone salesman, you are my worst nightmare.

Your worst nightmare is someone who probably won't come into your shop and buy something? Sweet dreams, dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Nokia, just over four years and going strong

Has the internet but it's very basic, I use it for football and GAA scores and that's it realy
    Has FM radio which I use a lot

All I want, I've no need for a smartphone

Neither had I, or anybody for that matter, till I got one, now it is definitely positively life enhancing.

But I am loving the gadgetry of it now, I imagine I will get pissed off with that and just use it as a phone eventually.

But I posted on boards the other day sitting in Mc Donalds, just because I could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Yeah this whole smartphone thing is great. Got my first a months ago and loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

HTC Desire HD. Got it about 13 or 14 months ago. Contract is up in summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ive a 3gs :( its not doing so good battery lasts 4 hours nearly :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just got a Galaxy Nexus the other day on an Upgrade. Used a Galaxy S for 18 months before that. Nokia 5800 for 18 months prior to that. Nokia 5200 for about 16 months before hand.

Generally just get a new phone when due an upgrade because the contracts generally tend to be better value when renewing.

Advertisement