Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorillaz - The O2 [11-11-2010]

Options
  • 10-05-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

from ticketmaster:
    Gorillaz are set to arrive in Dublin for their first-ever Irish show with one massive night at The O2 on 22 September 2010. Tickets go on sale Friday 21 May at 09:00

can't wait for this one, i'll be there for sure!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

highnc wrote: »
    from ticketmaster:

can't wait for this one, i'll be there for sure!!

Thinking about going but €60 is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

Dermo wrote: »
    Thinking about going but €60 is a bit much

i agree €60 is abit on the high side but with the quality of the songs, special guests and visuals i'd say it'll be worth it - plus they're playing fairly long setlists looking at their Coachella and Roundhouse gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

from ticketmaster:
    Gorillaz are set to arrive in Dublin for their first-ever Irish show with one massive night at The O2 on 22 September 2010. Tickets go on sale Friday 21 May at 09:00

Am I mistaking, or did they not play the Olympia in 2001?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

^^^I thought that too when i heard it this morning..

quick google produced this..

http://www.gorillaz-unofficial.com/gigography/olympia_1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

^^^I thought that too when i heard it this morning..

quick google produced this..

http://www.gorillaz-unofficial.com/gigography/olympia_1.htm

Thanks for that! I'm glad i'm not going mad! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Can't wait for this, it's going to be immense!! Gonna get my tickets in the pre-sale next Wednesday.....

Just look what we have to look forward too -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QTzeFCwtg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sugarbeat

Should be a freckin amazing show, sweet:D
    When are the tickets on general release?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Should be a freckin amazing show, sweet:D
    When are the tickets on general release?

Presale starts on the 19th May, General Sale on the 21st.

Havent completely decided yet but probably gonna end up going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Really want to see this!
    Can you only text to the 02 presale thing from next Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got me presale tickets.

Can't wait for the gig, been reading reviews of their current tour and the reviews are all hugely positive. Most of the featured artists on Plastic Beach are touring including Bobby Womack and Mos Def which should be great.

Roll on September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Does anyone know what VIP at the O2 is like? I'm very much considering buying VIP tickets with fan club membership, as a huge fan of Gorillaz, but given that the normal seating can actually be better than the VIP in some venues I'd like to get opinions on this first?

Does anyone know what VIP at the O2 is like? I'm very much considering buying VIP tickets with fan club membership, as a huge fan of Gorillaz, but given that the normal seating can actually be better than the VIP in some venues I'd like to get opinions on this first?

I checked the VIP seats (170) and was offered about six rows back in the tiered seating, which come with a laminate, t-shirt, and other bits. There's a super-VIP type package too where you get a Gorillaz video camera I believe, the tickets are 300. The gig is standing and then there's tiered seating, and as huge a Gorillaz fan as I am, the VIP really doesn't seem worth €110 extra per ticket,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Just got me tickets!!!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone having trouble getting into the ticketmaster site for the priority tickets (o2 blueroom)? I got into the promotions page and it just says loading and has been like that for a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drenbot1986

Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

Try the following: Search again

• Select "Best Available" or "Any Price"
    • Change the quantity of tickets requested
    • Double check your promotional code or password, if you used one
    • At the time of your search, another customer may have been viewing the tickets you want and then decided not to buy them

Keep checking back

FYI: New tickets often become available for purchase as the event date nears.

Keep getting this msg when trying to get prioty o2 tickets tried about 10 times. does anyone know what the crack is with it?would it be because im trying to get 2 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

It means they're sold out I think. You'll have to try on Friday when they go on general sale.

cheers lets hope the tickets that go on sale tomorrow wont sell out to fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Will it sell out? I'd like to go but don't feel like buying tickets immediatley.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Will it sell out? I'd like to go but don't feel like buying tickets immediatley.

I have a feeling they will. They're a pretty popular band and their lack of touring will no doubt create a "see them while you can" buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Woohoo! Got my tickets! :D
    Watch out though.. Got stung for Sub-Division membership which I didn't really want but couldn't remove from the ticket.. Ah well, sure I'm in it now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Hey, got stung for memebership also, 35e, couldn't remove from the order, any recourse to get this back not that I've hit purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

got my tickets too at 9 on the button - tickets still available so i didn't need to panic after all.

a sneeky move by ticketmaster saw them listing the Ticket+Membership option before 9 which seems to have caught people out. you'll get a nice Stylo car for your troubles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

got my tickets too at 9 on the button - tickets still available so i didn't need to panic after all.

a sneeky move by ticketmaster saw them listing the Ticket+Membership option before 9 which seems to have caught people out. you'll get a nice Stylo car for your troubles!!!

What does the membership get ya?Theres still standing available neway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Found it

As a Sub Division member you will also receive:
    - Exclusive limited edition Gorillaz model car
    - Exclusive Gorillaz digital poster
    - 25% discount on first order in Gorillaz web-store
    - Priority access to Sub Division events and more"

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

hey anyone with this problem can you write to :
    Ticketrmaster HO
    Grafton House
    70 Grafton St
    Dublin 2

and cc here
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/

rang to get it off the cc and they said first they heard of it!??

Got my tickets it should be a good gig cat wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Has anyone heard that they're apparently changing the set up of their live performances now and they'll be like an ordinary gig with the band members simply out on stage doing their stuff? I've seen clips of their Demon Days tours and I think that set up really appealed to me, so I'd be a bit disappointed if this tour was far more traditional approach to gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Yeah that's right. Check out the clips below form their gig in London recently. The new setup seems to work very well actually. There are loads of them up on stage

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/gorillaz/news/221438-watch-gorillaz-live-from-the-roundhouse

jaydigity wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that they're apparently changing the set up of their live performances now and they'll be like an ordinary gig with the band members simply out on stage doing their stuff? I've seen clips of their Demon Days tours and I think that set up really appealed to me, so I'd be a bit disappointed if this tour was far more traditional approach to gig.

Yeah saw them on Jonathan Ross, the artwork still plays over a huge screen and for Clint Eastwood they had the animations singing along on the screen with Damon and Jamie etc playing below them.

But it was more enjoyable than the silhouettes I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Really tempted to go to this, I kinda feel like I'd be missing something special if I didn't.

Advertisement