Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorillaz - The O2 [11-11-2010]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

Just watching them on tele now at Glastonbury, fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sidelines wrote: »
    Just watching them on tele now at Glastonbury, fantastic stuff.

Plenty of guests alright which there wont be in the o2, they are doing nothing for me live , quite boring actually :(

Edit: they also seem to be lashing through the songs don't they , not much interaction if any/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

calex71 wrote: »
    Plenty of guests alright which there wont be in the o2, they are doing nothing for me live , quite boring actually :(

Edit: they also seem to be lashing through the songs don't they , not much interaction if any/

Thats not true about the guests. They usually have De La Soul, Mos Def and Shaun Ryder amongst others in tow at most gigs and Bobby Womack is apparently happy to travel with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Dont think Mark E Smith or Lou Reed will bother coming over with them tbh, and Ryder cant even sing these days....Very boring performance, at least Albarn seemed to be having fun...
    Lucky Groove Armada were on the other station...:rolleyes:
    I dont really get the Gorillaz...seems to me like an arts project thats got a bit out of hand...and as for Jones and Simonon....beggers belief..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sids Not wrote: »
    I dont really get the Gorillaz...seems to me like an arts project thats got a bit out of hand...and as for Jones and Simonon....beggers belief..:confused:

Agreed ... was bored to bits watching their Glastonbury performance last night .... interesting for sake of being interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

According to Ticketmaster... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think you mean change of date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

They have moved the concert for no apparently ****ing reason, they (Ticketmaster/O2/Gorillaz) didn't even have the courtesy of telling us why it has been moved. Maybe they are still crying into their berets over the reaction to their poor showing at Glastonbury. I'll be returning my four tickets in the morning - do we get our service charge on the tickets refunded too?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

Gorillaz have announced a World Tour so it looks like the Irish date and some of the UK dates have been moved around and cancelled in some places too to accommodate the extra shows.

mcd have a press release on:
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7327164&ar=gorillaz&cat=all

ticketmaster have this:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_3

i'll still be going anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Gig moved to Nov 11th.

• Advertisement

We now see why the gig was moved, this is a disgrace :mad:: http://www.nme.com/news/gorillaz/52249

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    We now see why the gig was moved, this is a disgrace :mad:: http://www.nme.com/news/gorillaz/52249

Why is it a disgrace? :confused:

Shifting the gigs so they can take in a world tour with all their current entourage seems pretty logical.

Why is it a disgrace? :confused:

Shifting the gigs so they can take in a world tour with all their current entourage seems pretty logical.

Shifting the dates of a tour just because they feel like touring somewhere else seems pretty ****ty to be honest!

Yeah but if you were living in the places where they are now touring you'd be happy.

They're probably only doing it because most of their acts can only commit to a certain time period, they could probably have toured America at another time but without half their album guest stars.

If it was the other way around and you were living in the US, you'd probably be commending them for fitting them into the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

I think you mean change of date

:rolleyes:

I was quoting the notification. But thanks for the humourless reply.

Gorillaz have confirmed the support line-up coming to Dublin and its pretty good news!

http://gorillaz.com/news/news/featured-artists-confirmed-for-gorillaz-uk-tour

De La Soul, Bobby Womack, Hypnotic Brass, Mark E. Smith, Kano to name but a few.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

I don't know, I do want to see them for their music as well as the theatrics but I wasn't so fond of a lot of the new album and wouldn't want to be sitting through stuff like superfast jellyfish and sweepstakes the whole time. I didn't watch the whole concert on MTV but that was the impression I got. For 60 euro I think it's a little steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irishamanda

deereidy wrote: »
    I don't know, I do want to see them for their music as well as the theatrics but I wasn't so fond of a lot of the new album and wouldn't want to be sitting through stuff like superfast jellyfish and sweepstakes the whole time. I didn't watch the whole concert on MTV but that was the impression I got. For 60 euro I think it's a little steep.

Is it sold out does anyone know? I heard the date changed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Probably a stupid question but..... what time do you reckon Gorillaz will actually come on stage?

had bought tickets originally because I was free that night but it now looks at though I wont make it to the Point till about 9.30 with the date change (it's now on 11th November)

Wondering if it's worth my while to hang onto the ticket or should I sell?

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    Wondering if it's worth my while to hang onto the ticket or should I sell?

Well if you bought it off Ticketmaster you're entitled to a refund from them if you don't wanna go down the road of trying to sell it online.

Doors open at 6.30, so I'd say it'll start at either 8 or 8.30 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm secretly hoping they'll focus on Demon Days, even though common sense tells me there'll be a lot from Plastic Beach. Not too fond of that album, much prefer the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Does anyone know who the support is for Gorillaz next week?

Featured Artists, De La Soul and Bobby Womack have confirmed they are set to join Gorillaz onstage for their upcoming tour of the UK and Ireland.

Also confirmed to appear at the November dates are Hypnotic Brass, Kano, Bashy, Little Dragon, Roses Gabor, Bootie Brown, Shaun Ryder and Mark E Smith.

The tour includes a triple bill, with support from Special Guests - both De La Soul and Little Dragon throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I'm deeply regretting buying a seated ticket for myself. Anyone know if I can exchange it for a standing through Ticketmaster or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I'm deeply regretting buying a seated ticket for myself. Anyone know if I can exchange it for a standing through Ticketmaster or what?

Doubt it, but you could try selling your current one and buying a standing, if there are any left..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

you can get a refund if you want.. standing area isn't sold out so you could buy one on the night

Ahh, thanks fellas! Might to do that alright.

Anyone know if the O2's tourbus areas are in any way approachable? I'm dying to meet Damon or Jamie or whomever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Hope so, I'd love to meet Damon and Jeff.....is Mos def playing?:eek:

• Advertisement

Darkwhite wrote: »
    Hope so, I'd love to meet Damon and Jeff.....is Mos def playing?:eek:

No idea, I don't there is a solid guests lineup for this particular gig yet. I'm pretty sure Little Dragon, De La Soul, Mark E. Smith, Shaun Ryder and Bashy & Kano are turning up though...

Advertisement