Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorillaz - The O2 [11-11-2010]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sallycinnamon_

Been waiting for this gig for months, so excited! Hopefully the weather won't be too awful on Thursday. I've never been to the O2 before, do you think there'll be a pit? I wouldn't have thought so for Gorillaz... What time are people heading to the venue? Doors at 6.30 pm so was gonna get there about half five as I wanna be near the front!

Oh and aswell, my ticket says "Entrance 1" but my mate's is Entrance 3, does that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Been waiting for this gig for months, so excited! Hopefully the weather won't be too awful on Thursday. I've never been to the O2 before, do you think there'll be a pit? I wouldn't have thought so for Gorillaz... What time are people heading to the venue? Doors at 6.30 pm so was gonna get there about half five as I wanna be near the front!

Oh and aswell, my ticket says "Entrance 1" but my mate's is Entrance 3, does that matter?

Depends on the crowds. At Blink, they let my entrance 1 buddy queue with us at entrance 3, but for Paramore they were a bit more strict. They don't actually check the tickets though so you can queue at either queue and still get in without a hitch.. It's just for crowd control.

I doubt there'll be a pit. We started queueing for Paramore at about half 5, queue was massive and made it to the very very front regardless, and this was a Saturday. Gorillaz is a weekday, so the queue shouldn't be too bad at all!

Cheers for that Monsieur Folie. Yeah the fact it's a weekday and it's likely to be pissing rain means there probably won't be a massive queue beforehand. Here's hoping anyway!
    Saruwatari wrote: »
    Anyone know if the O2's tourbus areas are in any way approachable? I'm dying to meet Damon or Jamie or whomever...

:eek: That would be too amazing. They'll probably leave straight away afterwards though, right? Gorillaz are playing in Manchester on Friday night so can't see them hanging around.

Cheers for that Monsieur Folie.

No problem. :D

:eek: That would be too amazing. They'll probably leave straight away afterwards though, right? Gorillaz are playing in Manchester on Friday night so can't see them hanging around.

You're probably right there. Keep an eye out online though, there could be meet & greets announced on Wednesday if there are any, and if not, just hang around the tour bus area after the gig for a while. He might come out, unless he does leave straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

just seen that shaun ryder is confirmed for I'm a celeb starting on Sunday in Oz.Cant see him being in the o2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Just received an email from Ticketmaster with the following information:

Gorillaz - The O2, Dublin - Thursday 11 November 2010

18:30 Doors
    19:40 Little Dragon
    20:15 De La Soul
    21:00 Gorillaz

* Times are subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Raekwon wrote: »
    Just received an email from Ticketmaster with the following information:

Gorillaz - The O2, Dublin - Thursday 11 November 2010

18:30 Doors
    19:40 Little Dragon
    20:15 De La Soul
    21:00 Gorillaz

* Times are subject to change

De La Soul playing a set before Gorillaz? THIS IS BEYOND AWESOME :eek:
    Thanks for the head-up bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Registered abUser

Likely to sell out at this cost? What do ye reckon the chances of getting in at the door will be?

Likely to sell out at this cost? What do ye reckon the chances of getting in at the door will be?

Unlikely to sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I can't wait for this gig! Does anyone know if the rumours that Hypnotic Brass Ensemble will be playing with them are true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wolf Club wrote: »
    I can't wait for this gig! Does anyone know if the rumours that Hypnotic Brass Ensemble will be playing with them are true?

They're not rumours, they're confirmed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Wolf Club wrote: »

I asked one of the guys at their Electric Picnic gig this year and he didn't have a clue at the time. I hope they do show up though, they're absolutely fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just checked and they're also confirmed on their own website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Likely to sell out at this cost?

Nah, still on sale.

Really looking forward to this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Ahh, thanks fellas! Might to do that alright.

Anyone know if the O2's tourbus areas are in any way approachable? I'm dying to meet Damon or Jamie or whomever...

No. You will be dragged away from these areas kicking and screaming. Unless you have the proper passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

About to head out to this shortly. Saw Mark E. Smith wandering up and down O'Connell Street this afternoon when I was having my lunch in Burger King. Odd looking chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kelectric

Was a great gig, Damon and the boys looked like they really enjoyed it. Gorillaz really have a good setlist now, you almost forget how many hits they've had until you hear another one come on! They sounded great and visually it was fantastic. The price of the tickets is justified when you see it al there on front of you. Quite surprised at the age demographic of the crowd, there was certainly alot of people in their 30's dunno why I was expecting indie kids or whatever. Great night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

kelectric wrote: »
    Was a great gig, Damon and the boys looked like they really enjoyed it. Gorillaz really have a good setlist now, you almost forget how many hits they've had until you hear another one come on! They sounded great and visually it was fantastic. The price of the tickets is justified when you see it al there on front of you. Quite surprised at the age demographic of the crowd, there was certainly alot of people in their 30's dunno why I was expecting indie kids or whatever. Great night!

+1... Amazing concert, and Damon looked like he was having a ball - absolutely brilliant!!.. and I agree with the age demographic, I am in my 30's and I brought along my two kids (11 & 12) and I saw a number of other children in that age bracket and I also noticed a lot of people who were certainly over 50!..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I can't believe M.E.S starting messing with the amps, it's been a staple of Fall gigs for some time, except last night some lad was straight over to correct his knob-twiddling.

Fantastic gig, the band sounded great, it's impressive that they brought over that amount of guests, especially since some only performed briefly, such a strong a varied set-list too.

Not sure about the venue, the standing area isn’t as shed-like as I feared, but popcorn stalls, stale beer and o2 trying to sell phones turned me off the place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The sound and visuals were great the show was fantastic, too bad I was up in the seated area where we had a few fun Nazis stopping people from standing and having fun and wouldn't let me use my DSLR because the lens was bigger then 1", I mean WTF?
    The worst part was that they were just starting the whole time, complete buzz kill. :mad:
    Never sitting in the Point again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was really looking forward to it, myself and the gf had tickets.

Arrived in from San Fran at 11 this morning...

Got our dates mixed up, bought the tickets before the date change and everything...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

iamstop wrote: »
    The sound and visuals were great the show was fantastic, too bad I was up in the seated area where we had a few fun Nazis stopping people from standing and having fun and wouldn't let me use my DSLR because the lens was bigger then 1", I mean WTF?
    The worst part was that they were just starting the whole time, complete buzz kill. :mad:
    Thats the way it is at most concerts, especially indoor

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Its the band that decides on what cameras are allowed if any.Some of them allow any camera incl video and some say no bigger than a normal digital.So the next time I say please put away your camera i'm only doing my job:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

iamstop wrote: »

Its not fun being in the seated area at concerts when people in front of you are standing up, if they want to stand, buy standing tickets or show some consideration for those behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I knew that this gig would be excellent and I wasn't disappointed, it was visually amazing and the sound was perfect. All of the special guests were great and even the warm-up acts were really good, De La Soul were especially good at getting the crowd going.

I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
    indiewindy wrote: »
    Its not fun being in the seated area at concerts when people in front of you are standing up, if they want to stand, buy standing tickets or show some consideration for those behind them

I totally agree with this. I got seated tickets too and it was even annoying when people kept on getting up to go to the toilet or bar every few minutes and blocking the view never mind people constantly standing in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Thought it was the gig of the year brilliant. :D

That was such an incredible night. Met Damon!:eek:

What a show though! Amazing! Punk!!! And Damon jumping in for Clint Eastwood! Such an amazing set up and all. More than justifies the cost I was complaining about beforehand...

Amazing gig.

Was at the barrier, for the first time at a gig! Hardly anyone went to queue early, so my friend and I, who queued for about an hour, got a spot right up at the barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

indiewindy wrote: »
    +1, some people will then say "but everybody was standing", but that is because if one stands in front others have to behind them, then it snowballs -this does NOT mean those people are glad/want to be standing. It happened in the olympia to me, I made a point of standing out in the aisle and the bouncer came up to move me back in, I asked if he would tell them to sit down in front as it was seated.

Now I am 5'11'' and young & fit enough so it was not too much bother but I was making a point, the bouncer just shrugged and said "everybody else is standing in front" -but they had to if they wanted to see anything. It is not fair on short and/or elderly people, my sister looks young enough but has a medical condition and cannot stand for long, my father has arthritis.

At some gigs I will expect standing in seats, I cannot recall the one I am talking about but I did not expect standing, and there were plenty of older people around me who seemed pissed off.
    Raekwon wrote: »
    De La Soul were especially good at getting the crowd going.
    Ah jaysus, didn't know they were supporting :(, did they play for long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

rubadub wrote: »
    +1, some people will then say "but everybody was standing", but that is because if one stands in front others have to behind them, then it snowballs -this does NOT mean those people are glad/want to be standing. It happened in the olympia to me, I made a point of standing out in the aisle and the bouncer came up to move me back in, I asked if he would tell them to sit down in front as it was seated.

Now I am 5'11'' and young & fit enough so it was not too much bother but I was making a point, the bouncer just shrugged and said "everybody else is standing in front" -but they had to if they wanted to see anything. It is not fair on short and/or elderly people, my sister looks young enough but has a medical condition and cannot stand for long, my father has arthritis.

At some gigs I will expect standing in seats, I cannot recall the one I am talking about but I did not expect standing, and there were plenty of older people around me who seemed pissed off.

Ah jaysus, didn't know they were supporting :(, did they play for long?

Around an hour or so..

Advertisement