Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dropped 1c in the soup. WTF do I do?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I had some change in my hand and was having a look into the pot of soup and I think I dropped 1c into it. Should I say something and get the whole lot thrown out, it wouldn't get replaced and I'd get chewed out. Or just leave it and hope nobody notices?
    People are hardly going to get metal poisoning from it, and it's not likely to get put into someone bowl. It'll prob just get rinsed down the drain at the end of the day.

So what would you do?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Keep it to yourself mate or they'll all want one.

/groan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have/had you a second pot and a strainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Eat the pudding.
    Eat the pudding.
    Eat the pudding.
    Eat the pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Piss in the pot...

It's the only way to neutralize the poisioning effects of the 1c coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

wash the soup and it'll be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your lucky it could heve been 1p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

LD 50 wrote: »
    Ok, so I had some change in my hand and was having a look into the pot of soup and I think I dropped 1c into it. Should I say something and get the whole lot thrown out, it wouldn't get replaced and I'd get chewed out. Or just leave it and hope nobody notices?
    People are hardly going to get metal poisoning from it, and it's not likely to get put into someone bowl. It'll prob just get rinsed down the drain at the end of the day.

So what would you do?

Leave it.

Sure the soup is being heated so I guess any bacteria will be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Fast Food Nation describes the following so I wouldn't worry...

The working conditions in these meatpacking plants were brutal. In The Jungle ( 1906) Upton Sinclair described a litany of horrors: severe back and shoulder injuries, lacerations, amputations, exposure to dangerous chemicals, and memorably, a workplace accident in which a man fell into a vat and got turned into lard. The plant kept running, and the lard was sold to unsuspecting consumers.
    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Health/Cogs_Machine_FFN.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Rubber glove...go fishin!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Could be worse, you could have dropped the screw in the tuna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Any change? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tell them it's fortified with copper for extra health benefits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Call the waiter. I'm sure he's used to people complaining of stuff in their soup. Hair and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If it was in the soup kitchen, you've just made some hobo's day later when he finds spare change in his soup. God bless you Op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

So what would you do?

Rename the soup "Oxheads or tails", push it as a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

mathie wrote: »

The working conditions in these meatpacking plants were brutal. In The Jungle ( 1906) Upton Sinclair described a litany of horrors: severe back and shoulder injuries, lacerations, amputations, exposure to dangerous chemicals, and memorably, a workplace accident in which a man fell into a vat and got turned into lard. The plant kept running, and the lard was sold to unsuspecting consumers.

Grand. Compared to that, my case is nothing. And I'm going to deny all knowledge of everything. They can't prove a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

So what would you do?

This is some kind of metaphor, isn't it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Leave it and deny all allegations against you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Dip your fingers quickly in the soup then bless yourself with it.
    It'll be grand, then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Jesus just strain the soup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

be careful if you get jesus to do it he might turn it into wine again awful trouble about the place then!

lonad wrote: »

Is that be said in the same vain as 'Michael row the boat'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

lonad wrote: »

Strain the spuds while you're at it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

So what would you do?
    And in which fine restaurant might this have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

mathie wrote: »

Unfortunately, FFN and people who quote The Jungle frequently neglect to mention that the book is fiction. Really, really boring and trite fiction based on fairly extensive research, but fiction nonetheless.

I'm sticking with my belief that the OP is a metaphor to ask what people would do if they've fupped up a little bit and think it'll be ok if they keep quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Just blame the well-meaning but disorganised and constantly confused Spaniard waiter Manuel.

¿Qué?
    ¿Qué?

geeky wrote: »
    Unfortunately, FFN and people who quote The Jungle frequently neglect to mention that the book is fiction. Really, really boring and trite fiction based on fairly extensive research, but fiction nonetheless.

After Hours. The bastion of facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Take it out.

• Advertisement

orourkeda wrote: »
    Take it out.

And what about the coin?

Advertisement