Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dropped 1c in the soup. WTF do I do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

If nothing else it'll help the immune systems of the soupees. The world is getting too sterile anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

mathie wrote: »
    And what about the coin?

Eat it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wait for someone to choke to death on it, then point the Garda to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

biko wrote: »
    Wait for someone to choke to death on it, then point the Garda to this thread.

Is this your vehicle?

http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/2/2d/1c_comm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

The coin is small and flat and should stay on the bottom, just make sure to take soup only from the top and it'll be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Boil the Bejaysus out of the soup and HOPEFULLY the coin will melt and all you have to do is give it a quick stir ;)

Being a chef you get to know how to cover a FEW auld sins!!

On a serious note WTF where you doing with a fist full of change in the kitchen in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

anniehoo wrote: »
    Rubber glove...go fisting!

FYP ;)

can't believe it sat for so long without someone else changing it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

LoanShark wrote: »
    Boil the Bejaysus out of the soup and HOPEFULLY the coin will melt and all you have to do is give it a quick stir ;)

On a serious note WTF where you doing with a fist full of change in the kitchen in the first place?

...over a pot of soup.....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Throw in a few more coins.. and bigger denominations.. in fairness you may as well give someone a chance of getting a decent "present" in their soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ugh, surely from the pov of how much bacteria and dirt is on it would mean you should throw it out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Force Kin

get a long piece of poo and dip it into the soup, the coin should stick to it and you should be able to remove it, thus ridding the soup of any further bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

LoanShark wrote: »

Wasn't in the kitchen. But I get what you mean. I was seeing how much money I had and was checking the soup at the same time.
    biko wrote: »
    The coin is small and flat and should stay on the bottom, just make sure to take soup only from the top and it'll be fine
    That's what I'm hoping for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just use a magnet to retrieve the coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

This looks like a job for... do, do do... Souperman!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Just use a magnet to retrieve the coin.
    Should work, it is 94.35% steel afterall, though hardly necessary as I suspect the soup is cold by now:D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_coins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Leave it OP, the coin would have just sank to the bottom anyway, most likely not going to end up in someone's bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Put €50 in coins into the soup. It increases the chance that someone will notice, but at least they won't complain about it since they'll be €50 richer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

yuck, i wouldn't use the coin again, vegetables and other healthy stuff would have came in contact with it

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mail4liam

LD 50 wrote: »
    Ok, so I had some change in my hand and was having a look into the pot of soup and I think I dropped 1c into it. Should I say something and get the whole lot thrown out, it wouldn't get replaced and I'd get chewed out. Or just leave it and hope nobody notices?
    People are hardly going to get metal poisoning from it, and it's not likely to get put into someone bowl. It'll prob just get rinsed down the drain at the end of the day.

So what would you do?

Just charge €1.99 a bowel? and say your change is in the soup?

Well Shirley Temple found animal crackers in her's!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Put some flies in the soup. At least people are used to that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

what type of soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

gavredking wrote: »
    Could be worse, you could have dropped the screw in the tuna

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Keep your trap shut.

Unlike your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    what type of soup?

Some form of vegetable soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

mail4liam wrote: »
    Just charge €1.99 a bowel? and say your change is in the soup?
    Well Shirley Temple found animal nackers in her soup

I'm going veggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

As the old saying goes, a penny saved spoils the broth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

There's a fuckin' recession on, and you're wondering if you should just leave your hard earned money lying in a pot of fuckin' soup. Well for ya, ya rich bastard!

Advertisement