Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoof Email

• 10-05-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

Okay the thread title might come across as I'm upto something shady but I can assure the mods here that I'm not doing anything illegal at all.

Myself and a friend have setup a small company and we got an old college friend who has a server farm to setup our email (along with website hosting etc). The trouble is, he is away on holidays for two weeks and he only forwarded our new emails to our personal email accounts, so we can only receive emails from our company address but not send them.

I need to reply to a few emails asap but I don't want to send them from my gmail account as it won't look professional. Which brings me to my point, is there a piece of software or *website that I can use to send emails from my business address for the next few days until my friend gets back to sort out this issue?

* I've googled a few websites but most don't work at all or have advert footers in them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

You could signup with Hoaxmail. Its free and if you pay 3.50 for a month they will remove the footer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

If new mails are being forwarded to your gmail then you can use Gmail itself to send using this email address.

Gmail web interface,
    Settings,
    Send Mail As.

It'll send a confirmation mail to your business address. After which you can use drop down 'from' menu when composing or the 'change' From link when replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You can use this, although if they reply it wont get to you.

Tallon wrote: »

WTF!! I didnt know that was possible! How does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

WTF!! I didnt know that was possible! How does it work?

Its how all SMTP mail works. Its just an open relay (sort of).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's like writing the "sender address" on the back of a letter you send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Tallon wrote: »

Cheers man, that worked like a charm :D (unlike the many other "free" ones online).

Btw it is possible to reply from a mail that was sent from that page. I sent myself an email to my gmail account from that page (filling in 'from' with my company address) and when I received it I simply clicked reply, and it replied to my company email address and was forwarded straight to my gmail account (if that makes sense?)

Advertisement