Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panniers

• 10-05-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering should I bother getting panniers for my commute. I seem to get on ok with a bag on my back but was wondering is the investment worth it? Do many people here just have the bag on their back rather then use panniers. The back does feel sore obviously the odd day when carrying a heavy load in the bag.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Similar thread here , If you feel any back soreness I would say get them, I use to use a backpack when commuting on my roadbike but had to stop as it caused backache, when I got a bike for commuting I got panniers and use them all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Get them, worth the investment.
    I have these on this.

I keep everything in a bin bag inside to make sure everything is dry.
    What I would probably get in the future is some sort of pannier bag/back pack combo that I could wear and stick on the bike.

I've only ever used the one bag, which is enough for a change of clothes, everything I need for a shower and a laptop & charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thnaks for the info. I don't need abackpack becasue I have plenty of those. In fairness they look a bit dorkey panneirs:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Used to use a bag, but don't bother now (did find bit a bit of a strain on my back, but I do have a history of back problems). I need to drive to work perhaps once a week, and just leave enough stuff there to see me through to the next car commute. I just keep essentials (repair kit, couple of spare tubes, cash, credit card, phone, glasses, kitchen sink ....) in the saddle bag and pockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

One panier with the week's work clothes etc, rack bag for the daily stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Well worth it. When choosing them, make sure that;

- you get one that can be taken on/off easily (no fiddly velcro fittings)
    - you get one that fits on your bike with rubbing off your heels

Advertisement