Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet shop at briarhill

Options
  • 10-05-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

was at the pet shop today with my 7yr old he wanted to see the little hamsers cos they are so cute, but all the watering containers are empty, thought to my self this is not right so up iwent to tell the girl that im a big animal lover and id hate to see any animal go thirstey and the containers were empty , the rabbit was banging at the watering bottle they have poor things, so were the little ever so cute hamsters. would any of you guys do the same as in tell the shop assistent the same???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes i would for sure. Did they go over and fill them up after you said it?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

she said she would go over in a minute cos she was doing somthing with the other till, but there was another lad there doing nothing. but i had to leave didnt see if she done it or not, is there a way to complain cos it aint the first time it happend, its my first time telling that no water was in containers. thought they are suposed to keep them alive till they are sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I'd say it to them too, not complaining but just saying, "Oh did you know they ran out of water?" . . . I'm always too scared to complain in pet shops cos the people working there are usually pretty scary looking! And they won't listen to you anyway most of the time.

Next time I see a sick animal in a pet shop though, I'm contacting the ISPCA inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Yeah def say something!! i worked in a pet shop for years and never minded someone saying to me about the animals. We had the inspectors out to us before and again didn't mind that either,they never announced that they were coming and never found anything bad. You're working with little lives and as a result need to be transparent about everything, and be open to criticism or question. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I was in Florida one year and we went to a petting farm. One of the pens holding newly hatched duckling had no water in the dish and two dead ducklings in the back, I called the farm hand over to point it out and waited while he gave them water and took out the two dead ducklings. Anyone who has been to Florida will know how hot it is there, no wonder two of the little ducklings died :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

shocked!!! not :mad:

Advertisement