Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance

• 10-05-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

anyone know anything about insuring your bike against theft or breakage in a crash? do you need to be a member of a club and therefore covered or can an indivudal take out insurance to cover against these things happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

under your house policy for theft. not sure about clubs offeringd though. in relation to a crash it you have it insured under the house and the policy covers accidental damage then your away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

kevvhayes wrote: »
    anyone know anything about insuring your bike against theft or breakage in a crash? do you need to be a member of a club and therefore covered or can an indivudal take out insurance to cover against these things happening?

Hi kevvhayes, we will have a scheme available hopefully by the end of this month but as far as I am aware you will need to be a member of Cycling Ireland.

More than likely the scheme will be available to members of Triathlon Ireland also.

Do you have home/apartment insurance? It might be possible to contact your insurer and have the item included as a specified item.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kevvhayes

thanks chiper.
    to become a member of cycling ireland does that mean that i have to take out a racing licence??

kevvhayes wrote: »
    thanks chiper.
    to become a member of cycling ireland does that mean that i have to take out a racing licence??

To be honest with you I dont know what is required to become a member of Cycling Ireland but i'm sure someone here could shed some light on it for you or you could contact Cycling Ireland directly: http://www.cyclingireland.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

funkyjebus wrote: »
    under your house policy for theft. not sure about clubs offeringd though. in relation to a crash it you have it insured under the house and the policy covers accidental damage then your away.

Household won't cover bikes that are used in races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

I was looking into insuring two road bikes (not used for racing) earlier today under my home insurance. I was advised that as each bike cost over €1000 my insurer won't cover them. Did get a quote for an alternative home insurance policy from another company but it was for €1800/yr...:eek:

Think I'll take my chances!

tunney wrote: »
    Household won't cover bikes that are used in races.
    op isn't a member of a club and mentioned nothing of racing. regarless they will cover bikes used for racing, id imagine for theft only. perhaps it only your insurer which has this stipulation, cus ive never heard of it (im an insurance broker).

in relation to the above posters ins company not insuring them as they are over a grand. are yousure this isn't the single article limit? have you specifically asked. if so have you asked if you can at least insure the for the grand. better than t&ing your chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

regarless they will cover bikes used for racing, id imagine for theft only. perhaps it only your insurer which has this stipulation, cus ive never heard of it (im an insurance broker).

My own household insurer will not insure bikes used for racing, even for theft from inside my house. They told me that no underwriter in Ireland will cover these - it's a blanket exemption.

If you know differently, please check to be sure then post details of the insurers.

I have two quite expensive bikes used mostly for racing and they are currently completely uninsured, even for theft. I try not to think about that too much.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hmmm, I have my bikes listed under the house insurance. They're only covered up to a max of €2,500 each (or something). No mention was made of any exemption for racing bikes. They never asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I only just heard of a crowd today that insure bikes that haven't been mentioned thus far - chill.ie. I have to say though I know absolutely nothing about them or their service and am in no way affiliated so don't shoot the messenger if they're crap or totally unsuitable. Just passing it on for anyone that wants to look further.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Hmmm, I have my bikes listed under the house insurance. They're only covered up to a max of €2,500 each (or something). No mention was made of any exemption for racing bikes. They never asked.

Which insurance company? (if you don't mind me asking)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    Which insurance company? (if you don't mind me asking)

It's the AA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I think its safe to say that in the event of a crash and a write off, then they aren't going to be covered.

I think its safe to say that in the event of a crash and a write off, then they aren't going to be covered.

Nope, they're not. They're insured purely against theft from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

op isn't a member of a club and mentioned nothing of racing. regarless they will cover bikes used for racing, id imagine for theft only. perhaps it only your insurer which has this stipulation, cus ive never heard of it (im an insurance broker).

in relation to the above posters ins company not insuring them as they are over a grand. are yousure this isn't the single article limit? have you specifically asked. if so have you asked if you can at least insure the for the grand. better than t&ing your chances.

Not really sure re single article limits etc...Yeah I'm sure they will cover the bikes for a grand but as I paid more for the bikes I think I'll have a scout round myself for cover of the total costs paid without being fleeced in the process!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I only just heard of a crowd today that insure bikes that haven't been mentioned thus far - chill.ie. I have to say though I know absolutely nothing about them or their service and am in no way affiliated so don't shoot the messenger if they're crap or totally unsuitable. Just passing it on for anyone that wants to look further.

I got a quote from these guys last week - the details were a bit fluffy - not very detailed & even theft wasn't highlighted on their website. The cover was €83p/a. Not nearly worth it IMO.

Have to agree with tunney.

Most insurers will not cover bikes used for competitive purposes.

As with most equipment used in the same nature and the same value.

Getting them added for theft is not a problem.

Our new scheme coming online soon will cover both competiting and training and the whole of Europe from what I can see.

Can't comment on pricing yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

It's the AA.

Just be careful, the AA are Brokers, so it all depends what insurer they have you with. Incase anyone else gets cover with them and presume they're covered also. Always check the schedule and policy booklet to make sure you're covered correctly.

I'm with Prestige Underwriting and have my bikes covered from outside the home for accidental damage as well as theft, as long as they're locked to an immovable object. I actually have to check the cover is still the same as they've new Underwriters since I last looked at my policy.

Lumen wrote: »
    My own household insurer will not insure bikes used for racing, even for theft from inside my house. They told me that no underwriter in Ireland will cover these - it's a blanket exemption.

If you know differently, please check to be sure then post details of the insurers.

I have two quite expensive bikes used mostly for racing and they are currently completely uninsured, even for theft. I try not to think about that too much.

Lumen,

See attached policy wording from Aviva. They will not pay for a loss incurred while the bike is being used for racing, but once the race has stopped, your golden.

The most important words there being 'while it is being used'

In addition, your household policy doesn't just cover items stolen from your house, it can be stolen elsewhere and still covered (agian each policy is different, but most major policies would include this cover), Just check your policy. But with Aviva, it would clearly cover it being stolen from a locked position in town, etc. It would also (subject to them providing accidental damage) cover damage incurred while riding the bike (but not in a race, pace making, etc) But that what white lies were made for!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chill.ie (Conor)

Hi All,

Chill.ie are now offering a dedicated bicycle insurance product. No membership of any club is required. Benefits of the policy include personal accident cover, replacement bicycle hire, and accidental damage cover. Click here for an instant quote.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Chill.ie are now offering a dedicated bicycle insurance product. No membership of any club is required. Benefits of the policy include personal accident cover, replacement bicycle hire, and accidental damage cover. Click here for an instant quote.

Conor,

Please provide a link to (or attach) policy wording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hi All,

Might be handy to put the Dublin post codes in your list of towns for Dublin. My locality is not listed. Why do you need my email address/phone number/name for a quote? All I want to do is put in my location, bike values and get a quote.

When I did do that though, the quote is whopping.
    4 bikes at, €800, €900, €1600 and €1700 to a nice round total of €5000

Quote for this was €530

That's a lot. 10% of the cost of the bikes, each year ?

Hi All,

I have already commented on this above. Way too expensive at 12.5% of the value of the bike. And it is not clear on the site what is covered. For instance, there is no mention of theft cover, and the terms of the policy don't seem to be available until you agree to proceed.

Not presented in an honest way. I would steer clear until all the details are presented in a clear manner.

just did a quote myself for a €850 value bike and it came back at €107 for the year. thats a rate of nearly 13 percent, which makes it one of the highest rated classes of insurance i've ever seen.

what a rip off. house insurance is the best way to go in my opinion. sure you get PA cover, but it worth a fiver and most of us walk off our injuries and if its serious thats why we have VHI etc.

quite the money making scheme Chartis (AIG) has for itself.

Hi Guys. Policy documents can be found by clicking here. Any problems, freel free to get in touch.

Hi Guys. Policy documents can be found by clicking here. Any problems, freel free to get in touch.

And very ambigious wording to top it all off. the pa section doesn't even covwer medical expenses incurred and you must have the receipt of your 'approved' lock or theft isn't covered.

Can you clarify to me: if I need to make a claim, I have to pay €75 excess - add that to the 12.5% I already pay for the policy, so that the cost to me in that year is 24% of the cost of the bike!!!! Consider also the fact that if I am not in my fist year of the policy I will have spent allot more than that....

Sorry mate, this does not sound remotely like good value to me. I'd be better off lighting cigars with burning €20 notes...

And very ambigious wording to top it all off. the pa section doesn't even covwer medical expenses incurred and you must have the receipt of your 'approved' lock or theft isn't covered.
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    Can you clarify to me: if I need to make a claim, I have to pay €75 excess - add that to the 12.5% I already pay for the policy, so that the cost to me in that year is 24% of the cost of the bike!!!! Consider also the fact that if I am not in my fist year of the policy I will have spent allot more than that....

Sorry mate, this does not sound remotely like good value to me. I'd be better off lighting cigars with burning €20 notes...

Putting aside the question of value for money, the terms look fairly reasonable to me, particularly cover for European travel, with the possible exception of:

- Exclusion of any bicycle over 5 years old

- Lack of clarity with respect to damage in transit on an aircraft. What's the situation if the bike gets damaged during baggage handling?

- The requirement to lock the bicycle to an immovable object with an approved lock when it is kept away from the insured address. Immovable object is defined as "any solid object fixed in or on to concrete or stone".

This last condition appears to mean that if I take a bicycle on holiday within the territorial limits, and keep it unattended in a locked hotel room, then it is not covered for theft unless I bring a hefty lock and manage to find something in the room which is concreted into the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The list of "approved" locks is intriguing. Almax don't feature, despite being renound as very very good locks especially in motorcycling circles.

I always like when people specify products (egA bus 6000/75+90cm Bordo Padlock & Chain) as opposed to standards (Sold Secure). Standards are a better way of "catch all" than determining a list of specific items. What happens when the items on the list are discontinued.

I also don't like the value limit of €5000, as clearly those that want to insure their bikes would tend to be heading towards this figure, if not over it. Other punters, would just opt for house insurance (which is significantly cheaper in my case, by naming specific high value items) and combining that with health insurance.

Granted, race use cover and travel cover are interesting aspects to the product.

• Advertisement

@ nereid: We will take the comment re: Almax locks on board and discuss it with our underwriter to see if it can be included in the approved list. We decided it was best to go with a standard of lock as many of locks on the market today are easily breakable. Again we do appreciate your comments and are taking them on board.

@ Lumen: In respect to damge in transit, AD cover is given provided the insured bicycle is securely packaged and a receipt for the packaging is obtained. Hope this helps

@ Lumen: In respect to damge in transit, AD cover is given provided the insured bicycle is securely packaged and a receipt for the packaging is obtained. Hope this helps

My emphasis. What's happens if I construct my own packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rubs

Wow...just went through the web page for a quote....its mega expensive!:eek:

....think i`ll have to take my chances....I was talking to a guy who races in the States on ther Crit circuit and he was telling me that everybody there races on the lesser bike and keep their good bikes for safe!...similar problem with insurance and apparently lots of crashes in the crit style races:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

AD cover is given provided the insured bicycle is securely packaged and a receipt for the packaging is obtained. Hope this helps

"securely packaged" can you define this? Hard shell bike box or is a soft shell acceptable ( by soft shell I would mean something like this)

Also a receipt for the packaging?? Can you explain this? Who would provide it etc?

@ Bluefoam: I appreciate your feedback. The product is actually quite competitive. Take for example car insurance for a young driver could be as much as €3,000 for a car that may only be worth €1,000. Similarly, phone insurance is €9 per month (depending on provider). Bicycle Insurance with us works out at less than €10 per month (based on bicycle value of €900) and you are getting replacement bicycle hire and cover within the EU for 30 days and many other benefits.

• Advertisement

@alfalad: Hi, I am awaiting to hear back from our underwriter as to whether this will suffice, it does look secure. Once I know, I will have an answer for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

@ Bluefoam: I appreciate your feedback. The product is actually quite competitive. Take for example car insurance for a young driver could be as much as €3,000 for a car that may only be worth €1,000. Similarly, phone insurance is €9 per month (depending on provider). Bicycle Insurance with us works out at less than €10 per month (based on bicycle value of €900) and you are getting replacement bicycle hire and cover within the EU for 30 days and many other benefits.

Surely you're not comparing bicycle Insurance to motor Insurance. Young drivers are inexperienced, that's why their premiums are so high. You can look at your argument a different way, a more mature driver can pay as little as around €250 - €300 and their cars can be worth over €10,000. These premiums also allow for third party liability which is a major factor in pricing motor insurance.

Yet, I can insure the whole contents of my house (up to €32k, afaik) including the bike for circa €80.

Sure, there's no PA cover, or AD while racing, but they don't have an approved lock or transit condition as well as other restriction, are cheaper and insure far far more.

In additon, motor insurance is not comaprable to bike insurance in any way. The main risk with motor is third party property damage, a very low risk in bike insurance. An average Motor claim is probably €10 - €20k, what would a bike be, €1,000 - €2,000! Normally the value of the car will have little affect on the premium if any at all.

Also, phone insurance is €9 for phone over €800 euro in value (again afaik) its €6 (with most provider) before this value is surpassed. Phone insurance is expensive because of the high rate of claims made. While I don't have exact figures, I think its common sence that a lot more mobile are claismed for per annum than bikes. Just think of all the broken screens, water damged, lost & stlen phones, thats a leage basis of risk, as appose to theft and AD.

Sorry, but i highly disagee that this product is competitive. As I said before at a rate of nearly 13% it one of the most expensive classes of insurance I've ever seen. I have construction clients (high risk business) with appalling calism history and tehy get better rates on the Public laibility ins.

When i saw your quote, I nearly had a heart attack.

Edit: Good Man Velo, you beat me too it.

If you read my original post you will find that my comments were based on value for money, not what you percieve as competitive.

I still believe that cycle/bicycle insurance offered by chill.ie is (in my opinion) not good value for money.

Hi Lumen, I spoke with our underwriter and the images of the packaging you sent me are fine and cover will apply.

• Advertisement

Hi

Chill.ie have partnered with over sixteen different underwriters, we approached a number of these underwriters regarding a dedicated Bicycle Insurance product and to date ONLY Chartis have agreed to such a product. We worked closely with Chartis and Biketowork in ensuring that the product had suitable benefits and that the security system was workable. Presently there is no other company providing dedicated bicycle insurance. It is important to Chill.ie that our product works, so with that in mind we will be highlighting your points with Chartis and we are making a couple of changes to the steps you need to go through to get a quote a purchase. For eg. Policy documentation will be available without the need to get a quote (should be up and running by end of week) we can add new locks to the improved system, so any suggestions there would be grateful. We did review house insurance policies and and the benefits they can bring to Bicycle insurance, after all we do sell home insurance, but there are so many policies available with some many different stipulations and rates assigned that we felt we should give another option, hence the dedicated product. We will work on the feedback todate, thanks and regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I know the product doesn't cover racing, but what about Sportives? Would damage incurred during these be covered? They aren't races by CI terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Ryaner wrote: »
    I know the product doesn't cover racing, but what about Sportives? Would damage incurred during these be covered? They aren't races by CI terms.

Actually further to this, the policy document has
    Any tyres, fixed accessories or removable parts or wheels, unless the insured bicycle is stolen at the same time.
    Unless I'm misreading this, having a crash and writing off the wheels wouldn't be covered?

Also on the theft part, while it does have that it covers
    Theft from the insured address unless involving forcible and violent entry and you have complied with Security Requirement 5.1.

the following is listed on an exclusion list on page 6
    Theft when from an unoccupied insured address
    So we'd need to be in the house while the bike it stolen?

Yeh, the words 'its a ****ing minefield' spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Yeh, the words 'its a ****ing minefield' spring to mind.

Absolutely, not to mention the fact that you're not covered if your wheels, saddle, seatpost, stem and bars get lifted, but your frame is left...

As the lock issue has been mentioned we are reviewing our current list before the policy is finalised.

If you have other makes/models of locks then let me know and we'll see about getting them added.

Nereid: I'll check out that Almax model but can't see it being a problem.

Below is the current required lock list according to value.

Bikes Value Less than €500
    • Abus Centuro 860/110 Cable Lock
    • Abus Centuro 860/85 Cable Lock
    • Abus CU 170.230 S BC + 280 D Shackle
    • Abus Defense 4000/110 HB 200 SL D Shackle
    • Abus Halfords 533182 Bikehut Double Armoured Steel Cable Lock
    • Abus Sinero 43 150 HB 230/300 D Shackle
    • Abus Sinus 46 Parabolic 150 HB 230 D Shackle
    • Abus Sinus 46 Parabolic 150 HB 300 D Shackle
    • Abus Steel O Chain 810 x 85 & 810 x 110 Chain Lock
    • Halfords Bikehut 533158 D Shackle
    • Halfords Bikehut 533174 D Shackle
    • Kryptonite Kryptolok ATB D Shackle
    • Kryptonite Kryptolok LS D Shackle
    • Kryptonite Kryptolok STD D Shackle
    • Moore Magnum Plus 306/308 Cable Lock
    • Squire 37/D3 Padlock & Chain
    • Squire 37/DS Padlock & Chain
    • Squire 6mm Square Chain only x 6mm
    • Squire Challenger 'D' Lock
    • Squire Urban Patriot D Shackle
    • Squire Viper VP 18/1800 Cable Lock
    • Squire Viper VP 18/900 Cable Lock
    • Squire Viper VP 25/1200 Cable Lock
    • Trelock GmbH BS 400 108/230 D Shackle
    • Trelock GmbH BS 400 108/300 D Shackle
    • Trelock GmbH BS 400 127/300 D Shackle
    • Trelock GmbH BS 401 106/260 D Shackle

Bikes Value Less than €1600
    • Abus 20/70 Diskus + 8KS Chain 110cm
    • Abus 6000/75 + 90cm Bordo Padlock & Chain
    • Abus Granit Plus 51/150 HB 230 D Shackle
    • Abus Granit Plus 51/150 HB 300 D Shackle
    • Abus Varedo 47 150 HB 230 D Shackle
    • Abus Varedo 47 150 HB 300 D Shackle
    • AXA Defender RL Ring Lock
    • AXA SOLID Ring Lock
    • Kryptonite Evolution LS D Shackle
    • Kryptonite Evolution Mini Bike Lock
    • Kryptonite Evolution Mini LS Bike Lock
    • Kryptonite Evolution Std D Shackle
    • Master Lock Europe 8200 Eurdpro Cuff Shackles
    • Master Lock Europe 8215 Eurdps D Shackle
    • Master Lock Europe 8215 Eurdpslw D Shackle
    • Master Lock Europe 8290 Eurdps Cuff Shackles
    • Moore Magnum Plus 304 Chain & Padlock
    • Oxford Brute Force Ground Anchor
    • Squire J3/J4/J6 Chain
    • Squire DC L1/J3 Padlock & Chain
    • Squire DC L1/JS Padlock & Chain
    • Squire Urban Protector D Shackle
    • Trelock GmbH BS 510 D Shackle

Bikes Value More than €1600
    • Abus 1010/85/110 Padlock & Chain
    • Abus City Chain X Plus 1060 x 110cm Chain
    • Abus City Chain X Plus 1060 x 85cm Chain
    • Abus Granit Chain 110cm (10 KS Chain + Granit 37/55 Padlock) Padlock & Chain
    • Abus Granit Steel O Flex 1000/100 Cable Lock
    • Abus Granit Steel O Flex 1000/80 Cable Lock
    • Abus Granit X Plus 54/160 HB 230 D Shackle
    • Abus Granit X Plus 54/160 HB 300 D Shackle
    • Abus WBA 100 Wall/Ground Anchor
    • English Chain Co Ltd 10mm Super Quadlink Chain Only
    • English Chain Co Ltd 13mm Superhex Chain
    • English Chain Co Ltd 13mm Superlink Chain Only
    • English Chain Co Ltd EC 350C/25 Abloy Lock & 13mm Superhex Chain Padlock
    • Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 STD D Shackle
    • Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit (100 + 150cm Chain) with New York Disc Lock
    • Kryptonite NY 3000 D ShackleKryptonite NY Chain (3'3") 100cm with EV Series 4 Disclock Padlock & Chain
    • Kryptonite NY Chain (5'6") 168cm with EV Series 4 Disclock Padlock & Chain
    • Kryptonite NY Chain w/EV Disc Padlock & Chain
    • Kryptonite NY Noose (2'3") 70cm with EV Series 4 Disclock Padlock & Chain
    • Kryptonite NY Noose (4'3") 130cm with EV Series 4 Disclock Padlock & Chain
    • Moore Magnum Plus 305 Cable Lock
    • Pragmasis Ltd Torc Ground Anchor
    • Squire G4/G6 Chain Chain Only
    • Squire Urban Paramount D Shackle
    • Trelock GmbH BS 610 108/230 D Shackle
    • Trelock GmbH BS 610 108/300 D Shackle

Thats very confusing. What if you use two locks (the professionally recommended method)? The Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit D Lock isn't listed & its one of the most popular high end locks.

Thats very confusing. What if you use two locks (the professionally recommended method)? The Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit D Lock isn't listed & its one of the most popular high end locks.

Hi Bluefoam, just so I'm getting you right. Do you want to know what happens when you use say two locks in the below €1600 range but your bike is valued above €1600?

I'll check out the D Lock aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Cipher wrote: »
    I'll check out the D Lock aswell.

Cipher, perhaps my suggestion before was misunderstood, but would it not be best rewriting your T&C's to say the customers' lock must be a Sold Secure lock.

Sold Secure have a search facility that lists locks and their grading. For example the Kryptonite D-Lock that bluefoam mentioned. This would save the updating of various lists over time.
    NY Fahgettaboudit Chain 1410 & NY Disc Lock

Bronze coloured hexagonal 11mm chain in two lengths (100 cm +
    150 cm) with black webbing protective cover, and New York Disc
    Lock. Used to be called the New York Voodoo Chain

Company: Kryptonite Corporation
    Product Categories: MECH
    Product Type: Chain & Disc Lock
    Telephone: 01980 326 000
    E-Mail:Rob_Zuraski@irco.com
    Web Site: www.kryptonitelock.com
    Grading: Bicycle Gold, Motorcycle Gold

nereid wrote: »
    Cipher, perhaps my suggestion before was misunderstood, but would it not be best rewriting your T&C's to say the customers' lock must be a Sold Secure lock.

Sold Secure have a search facility that lists locks and their grading. For example the Kryptonite D-Lock that bluefoam mentioned. This would save the updating of various lists over time.

Ah now i get ye. I suggest it and see what the insurer's say.

As in your earlier point, with the Almax lock that isnt listed on the Sold Secure facility, what would suggest happens in this instance?
    Should the two be implemented, our list and theirs?

At the moment, we have the locks list divided between the value of the bike. If we were to incorporate the sold secure system would you use their bronze standard on bikes valued up to €500, silver for up to €1600 and gold above €1600.

• Advertisement
Advertisement