Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Tremolo Bar

• 10-05-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hello. I have no idea about brands etc. I was giong to get a tremolo bar/bridge for my peavey Hp Signature EX (Pic Below). Is it a good idea? worthwhile doing? is it posible to do easily? I know nothing about installing termolos/whammy bars. Any help appreciated.

picture_display.php?sys=ALL&type=PDM_6_PL&level=PDM_6&tbl=system&def=A_2&key=3638

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Nothing too easy to do. Your bridge is a fixed one like Gibson. They use a Bigsby unit, which would have to be installed. Most other trems would need the body of the guitar to be routed. Which is more work.

The Kahler Hybrid bridge would fit on without much work.

Gibson Bigsby.
    1-034-034159-Gibson-Custom-Shop-Historic-1954-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty-Bigsby.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Thanks for that. I just had no idea what to look for. Now I just have to shop around. Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

CiaranK wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I just had no idea what to look for. Now I just have to shop around. Thanks!!

Not until you know exactly what you want/need.

Wait until some other members give their input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The Vibrola's another possibility, isn't it?

maestro_tailpiece.jpg

Not until you know exactly what you want/need.

Wait until some other members give their input.

I know that yeah, It's just I had no idea about bridges and trems and routing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

use one of these

http://www.vibramate.com/

saves you drilling anymore holes in your guitar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Or somethintg like the les trem would be easiest no permanant changes at all really, no modification or extra screws.
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Archtop_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolo.html?tab=Pictures#details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭FruscianteFan

Or somethintg like the les trem would be easiest no permanant changes at all really, no modification or extra screws.
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Archtop_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolo.html?tab=Pictures#details

Stewmac have discountiued the Les Trem now but Im sure theres other places still selling them. If you are looking for a cheap enough one axesrus.com have one. just a few simple holes to drill and your sorted. It would only cost about €25 including shipping to get it, they are only in the UK. But then again Bigsbys are awesome!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What exactly are you expecting to be able to do with this trem?

If it's dive bombs or anything more than subtle movements then a bigsby or similar trem won't really work for you. Honestly what I'd say is keep the guitar as is and buy another guitar with a trem already installed. Much less hassle and you get the best of both worlds.

It's nothing major. No heavey metal schreechy bits. Some small jazzy stuff etc. No dive bombs no. I wanted to put it on that guitar because I did lots of work on it. When i got it it was fit for the bin. I fixed it up and guitar + parts only cost €75.

• Advertisement
Advertisement