Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange phone...no internet use here?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out.

I have a LG phone from Orange in France. Got it unlocked by Orange before I left France, thinking I can use it in Ireland.

Put in my Irish sim, the phone worked grand for calls, texts etc. However I can't go on the internet. Rang up O2 they said go into the shop and they can fix it. Went to shop, they said go to Fonemenders and they would be able to put O2 software on it and then I could get a code from 02 and I'd be good to go. Went to Fonemenders.....no joy, they can't do anything with it cos it is Orange software....totally crap.

I can't understand how they can't do something for it given everything else they can do for phones!

Any ideas? It's my first smartphone and it would be awful not to be able to use it for its smartness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What Lg phone is it?

Surprised fonemenders couldnt sort you out tbh. Have you looked at the settings on the handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

Hi Davy.

It's an LG KP501. I was surprised too, the guy said sorry nothing we can do cos it's Orange.

I dunno!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

Ok weird...

Just went here http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do?wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Fun/Get+Started/

Said my phone was LG KP500 cos 501 wasn't an option. Got sent something to install. Installed it and now I have internet.....?!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

The internet & MMS setting in the phone would been those of Orange France. Once you put another network SIM in you would need to enter that networks internet and MMS credentials either manually or them being sent OTA. Sounds like you got a bit of a run around for something quite simple. There is also a sticky up above with each operators settings if you need them again.

Advertisement