Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Macbook Pro

Options
  • 10-05-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Friend of mine is selling his almost new Apple Macbook Pro. I'm very tempted to buy it off him as my Macbook Pro is start to get very slow and I dont fancy wiping it at the moment as I need it on a daily basis.

However, its got a glossy screen!!! And unfortunately, these tend to be like a mirror! So, I notice from looking at the online apple store that there is an antiglare screen that you can buy when config'ing your machine and I'm wondering if anyone on here has gone for that option? Is it worth the extra €135??? Or should I just go for the glossy screen and grin and bare it!

Thoughts / views very much welcome.

Many thanks!

Rgds

Paul
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Anyone else got any opinions on this guys? Anyone got the antiglare screen? Is it worth it? If you have a glossy screen.. whats it like on day to day use??

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

try to find a matte screen laptop so you will know the huge difference ,and then you decide if you wanna go with glossy macbook(whats the point if a macbook has no glossy screen?). i doubt the antiglare thing can do much difference(try google).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the point of a non glossy screen mac, is so you can see what you're doing properly in sunlight or in the studio.

try being in a photography studio shooting directly on the mac with studio lights set up behind you and you'll know what i mean.

i have macbook with a glossy screen purely because they didn't offer the anti-glare one when i bought it.

i'm looking to buy a new macbook pro soon and will definitely be going for the anti-glare screen.

the glossy is fine if all you're doing is watching movies/internet/email etc. but if you're actually working on stuff that needs you to accurately see colours in high light situations then get the anti-glare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i know caused' i have been using matte screen laptop for many years now :pac:
    personally i cant stand non-matte screen at all. what i meant was macbook as this type of 'blinky' (no offence) laptop if there were no glossy screen it just feels wrong,imo anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement