Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specific Passport type photo's needed

• 10-05-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here do this for me? (obviously willing to pay etc)

I live in Galway and need specific passpport type photos done (and printed) for emmigration application. See attached image for instructions

113397.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Maybe there is an alternative reason, but you could have got those done in the local chemist quicker than you started this thread?
    (& cheaper)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It's a bog standard passport photo that any chemist can do. You can also do it yourself by taking the shot (tripod & self timer) resizing he image to the required size, put them 4 up on a sheet and print them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

A two-second Google session reveals:

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

fahy photo - they're excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

as far as my memory can recollect from working in a photo lab the ones for emigration are ever so slightly different to a standard passport photo.

we used to take ones for US visa aplications that were different anyway. but most places that offer passport photos should be able to sort you out. i'd recomend an actual photo shop rather than a chemist though. and bring yer specs there witcha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ihastakephoto

I know grants (photo lab) in baggot st, dublin have a new camera in which they select the passport/visa application/country and the camera shows guides right up on their screen which they then frame to, I am sure any high street photolab/camera store will do the same in 5 minutes for €7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

you could take a foto and just convert a copy of it to black and white would surely then put on a disk and bring it to one of those photo kiosks and print it out. just taking the photo standing in front of a white wall

would that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

sheesh wrote: »
    you could take a foto and just convert a copy of it to black and white would surely then put on a disk and bring it to one of those photo kiosks and print it out. just taking the photo standing in front of a white wall

would that work?

if the op's photo is for US immigration, then...er.... no.... their specs are a little more stringent than that.

i've seen people coming back with their photos because there was more than 1mm of a difference in the measurements and their guidlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

abandoning our debt ridden country?

ratsleavingship.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Xiney wrote: »
    fahy photo - they're excellent.

I was about to suggest exactly the same. They handled my own visa and passport photographs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement