Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip/burger van hire

Options
  • 10-05-2010 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im thinking of hiring a chip van in Mayo for a private event but am having trouble finding contact details of any... doesn't seem to be anything advertised for the area - I've only found Dublin-based ones. Does anyone know how to find out about this, aside from wandering around until I find a chip van?!
    Any info would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I've seen one parked up in Knockmore a few times recently, no contact details though (sorry!) Maybe one of the locals would know who owns it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Cheers, will keep an eye out next time I'm in the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

there's an english couple who run one - i mostly see them in crossmolina either outside the GAA pitch or outside Hineys as i pass from ballina to bangor. I haven't tried the burgers but the cod is ACTUAL REAL COD :eek: :p and the chips are more like roast potatoes than chips - great value. My other half had a great chat with them and they seemed really sound. Don't know how you would get in contact but if I pass them again I could get a number for you if you like?

artyeva wrote: »
    the cod is ACTUAL REAL COD :eek: :p and the chips are more like roast potatoes than chips - great value.

That sounds really good... at the moment we're looking into any option, but one with decent quality food would be a great bonus! I'll bear that in mind to keep an eye out for them.
    That's really kind of you to offer to get the number if you're passing, that would be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭bog master

Hi

I would suggest contacting any comittee member of any fairs, festivals, feis, etc in your area. For many years I worked on a committee running a festival and there would be chip van lads ringing up and writing to us in January to get a place.

Best of luck

• Advertisement

Thanks, bogmaster! I'd thought as far as going to the events, but it hadn't occurred to me that the organisers would have that kind of information. That's a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

hi there jw297 - i got the number of the van that parks in crossmolina - i sent you a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kila2008

Hi, just wondering if you got sorted?? I'm trying to find details for a burger/chip van for a charity fundraiser that we're organising for the 31st July in Co. Roscommon....does anyone know of anybody?

Hi,
    Ended up not getting the chip van. Will be getting a pig on a spit instead. Not sure if that would suit your event, but might be easier to find on the internet than a chip van!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

There is a chip van parked on the N5 every day outside the Bridge Inn in Ballymiles, near Bohola, if you call the bridge inn, they may be able to tell you who operates it? Their number is 0949384124

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I notice a lad parked opposite the Hilltop pub/shop/petrol station in Culleens on the Ballina - Sligo Road. I think he calls the van "The Hungry Pig" and he's only there the last couple of weeks from what I can see. I have no details on the owner but the Hilltop might know. Here's their Facebook page.

Advertisement