Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"That one special player"

Options
  • 10-05-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Now that the season is over our days will be occupied waiting for confirmation of that one special player that Harry was talking about.

Today Spurs have been linked with Raul from Real Madrid. I think he would do well for Spurs and I belive his contract is up this year too. The only stumbling block is his wages of about €6 millon per year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i cant wait to see who harry brings in...raul is past it ...no way could he cope with the premiership..i hear rumours about michael carrick...i pray they are wrong...especially if they involve a swop for modric...i hear we're keepin tabs on yaya toure but i think he wants to go to arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

raul is past it

Raul may be getting on a bit but I still reckon he would score a lot of goals. I know that he is going to be 33 soon but these days a player can keep playing until 35 or more. Remember the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Giggs, Scholes etc are still doing the business at club level even though they are over 30.

If Raul came maybe he could convince Torres to join him or at least the top players in the world would take notice of Tottenham.

If someone asked me to choose between Raul or Pav I know which one I'd go for.

its amazing to think he is still only 33 seeing as he's been around for so long...giggs and scholes only bit part players for united though at this stage...it would be interesting to see how he would get on outside spain

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

it would be interesting to see how he would get on outside spain

Hopefully we will get to see how he gets on at Spurs. I know he has obviously gotten slower but he will never forget where the goals are. I really do hope he signs even just for the experience and knowledge he can pass on to the other players.

Remember when we signed Klinsmann after the 94 world cup? I dont think we have ever signed a special player since then. We have bought some quality players and have bought players who in the future will be good.

ah the klinsmann days...the man was pure class.right from the minute of the fake dive celebration

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

+2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd take a punt on Huntelaar , hasnt had the greatest couple of years but if any one could get the best out of him its 'arry , and we'd get him on the cheap as well i reckon .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There are a couple of questions around this. Do we want this special player to be a striker or a midfielder, and if he's a striker, who do we get rid of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Want :D

+3 ye he wud be a great signing!
    my mate went on german exchange and saw him play, said he was quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Negative on Raul for me. He has been a great player for Madrid for years but he's not the type of player we need imo. He's 33 for starters and would demand at least 60/70k a week. I cant see Harry or Levy being temped by such a deal at such cost.

Huntelaar is someone I mentioned last week and would interest me bigtime. We tried to sign him before. He reminds me a lot of RVN, and if he did as well with us as he did at OT, we'd be laughing. I'd imagine he'd cost near 15m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If we do shift robbie and Jenas as expected we would have the wages free to sign anyone witin reason.

I think harry knows exactly who he wants, I'll say it again I just don't want a merc who will play for the highest bidder like robiniho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Luis fabiano for 18m is the latest rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

no way on raul he was a top player but hes past it, if its a real madrid out of favour striker were after then benzema would be harrys "special signing".
    he has been behind higuain and ronaldo all season but anytime he has come on he looks very sharp well able to hold the ball up and make his own goals plus he is only 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Benzema, oh yes please. It'd never happen though. I reckon he'll still be at Madrid next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I would buy home away and 3rd jersey's with his name on the back of all if we got Dzeko!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Keep the players we have, sign Richards and Bellamy from City and we well on our way imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

david villa?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

keane=cock wrote: »
    david villa?

I would love to see him here instead of Defoe. I wouldn't break the wage structure for him though. If Defoe could come on for England in South Africa and get a goal or 2 his price will inflate massively. We should cash in on him imo.

They were talking on Hold the Back page Monday that because Joe Cole is on a free they can pay him the top of their salary cap but make up his 100k a week request with a massive signing on fee.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    I would love to see him here instead of Defoe. I wouldn't break the wage structure for him though. If Defoe could come on for England in South Africa and get a goal or 2 his price will inflate massively. We should cash in on him imo.

They were talking on Hold the Back page Monday that because Joe Cole is on a free they can pay him the top of their salary cap but make up his 100k a week request with a massive signing on fee.

he seems to be linked to us every transfer window. personally i like him as a player but has been stated above that he is similar to modric.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Michael Ballack is on a free this summer... Am I the only one who thinks he would fit perfectly into our team? I know he has aged, 33, but I think having him going into the Champions League would be brilliant to help with experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Michael Ballack is on a free this summer... Am I the only one who thinks he would fit perfectly into our team? I know he has aged, 33, but I think having him going into the Champions League would be brilliant to help with experience...

He doesn't have the legs to play in a two-man midfield anymore, and I didn't think he contributed a whole pile to the Chelsea team this year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No thanks to Ballack, he's way passed his best. I'd imagine he will go back to Germany if he doesn't get a new deal at the bridge.

Villa would be a dream, but in all honesty, I cant see him coming. Barca and Real would fancy him too id imagine, and the fee/ wages would be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

SuprSi wrote: »
    There are a couple of questions around this. Do we want this special player to be a striker or a midfielder, and if he's a striker, who do we get rid of?

Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

17yrs old today, the new Drogba...... MONSTER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH7aOG263tw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

If Dzeko is half as good as he is in Football Manager, he would be a brilliant signing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

david villa?

Gone to Barca - one down:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Just looked at Lukaku, folowing Dublinspur's posting. The new Drogba indeed- 17 6'3 fast strong -special. Lets get him before arsenal do

• Advertisement

david villa?

damn u barca!!

Advertisement