Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who prints from b&w film

• 10-05-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

anybody on here or out in proper labs print from b&w film as just got back some neopan and i really want to see some traditional prints

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

if i can get access i can give it a shot for ya, not sure if college still open tho. will check tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

4465985934_b12087e8f1.jpg

fuji neopan 400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Love the photo, Gerk86. Really cool :)

I just shot my first roll of b&w (neopan 400). Haven't had a chance to leave it in to be developed yet, but I'm really interested to see how it turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

thanks! yea, neopan is my film of choice. Really like the contrasts, not like that ilford muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

gerk86 wrote: »
    thanks! yea, neopan is my film of choice. Really like the contrasts, not like that ilford muck!

Pah ! You parvenus. Tri-x is the only -real- b&w film !

I've wet printed before, but only briefly. Never really got a chance to pursue it properly because of time and space constraints. My enlarger is sitting in a cupboard waiting for the opportunity though, i definately plan on doing it again. All my trays and safelights have come in useful since though, developing 8x10 paper negatives exposed in-camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

DotOrg wrote: »
    anybody on here or out in proper labs print from b&w film as just got back some neopan and i really want to see some traditional prints

Give me a shout if you'd like to learn how to print them yourself.

Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

looks cool thefizz, do you run those workshops regularly as looks like something i would like to do sometime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Hi, yes I run them regularly. I'll pm you more info as it may not be appropriate in the forum.

Advertisement