Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB report...

Options
  • 10-05-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi All

I lost my job at the start of 2009 and ended up falling into areas on a loan, credit card and over draft with BOI. I talked to them and they agreed to freeze the interest once I sent them in proof I was on welfare.

I have since found employment and have been paying 400e a month off a total debt of about 25k. Will this stay on my ICB report for 5 years from the time of default or 5 years from the time the debts are paid back?

Concerned i've ruined my chances of ever getting a mortgage:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

matt70iu wrote: »
    Hi All

I lost my job at the start of 2009 and ended up falling into areas on a loan, credit card and over draft with BOI. I talked to them and they agreed to freeze the interest once I sent them in proof I was on welfare.

I have since found employment and have been paying 400e a month off a total debt of about 25k. Will this stay on my ICB report for 5 years from the time of default or 5 years from the time the debts are paid back?

Concerned i've ruined my chances of ever getting a mortgage:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will stay on ICB for five years from time of last default. Once you clear each one in full the bank will mark the debt as cleared on the ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

chris85 wrote: »
    Will stay on ICB for five years from time of last default. Once you clear each one in full the bank will mark the debt as cleared on the ICB.

Well that's a relief, thanks for that chris!!

Advertisement