Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Car Kit Wiring

Options
  • 10-05-2010 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey All,

I'm looking for a little help. I bought a Nokia CK-100 car kit, it's one of those that can use the car stereo to play the call through the cars speakers. My car is a 2009 Renault, The connections on the Nokia unit is the standard ISO connections but the Renault is not, I've tried to source an adaptor but to no avail. I spoke to a guy who said he did one recently and just spliced in the wires to the two front speakers and the "mute" cable from the Nokia unit to the Car stereo. So my question is, what do I connect the "mute" cable to on the car stereo.

Any and all ideas welcome,

Thanks for listening,

Chris:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

chrisa380 wrote: »
    Hey All,

I'm looking for a little help. I bought a Nokia CK-100 car kit, it's one of those that can use the car stereo to play the call through the cars speakers. My car is a 2009 Renault, The connections on the Nokia unit is the standard ISO connections but the Renault is not, I've tried to source an adaptor but to no avail. I spoke to a guy who said he did one recently and just spliced in the wires to the two front speakers and the "mute" cable from the Nokia unit to the Car stereo. So my question is, what do I connect the "mute" cable to on the car stereo.

Any and all ideas welcome,

Thanks for listening,

Chris:confused:

Check to manual for the radio or else go online and try find the wiring diagram. The mute cable on the nokia kit should be the yellow cable, just stick it into the whatever empty slot is the mute connection on the radio.

I don't think you can fry the radio by putting the mute cable into the wrong place (at least it didn't happen when I did it on my Ford).

If you go with splicing then be sure to disconnect the battery first and stick a fuse on the live wire and ignition wire.

Advertisement