Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit Torrent Error Message

• 10-05-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Everytime i start a torrent it stops after a minute or so and the following message is displayed....

"Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

anyone know what i can do,i havn't been able to download anything for a few weeks now? it's ruining my life!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

try using a different torrent downloader
    and see if problem still happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i tried Vuze and Utorrent and i got the same problem...ive no idea whats goin on. what other torrent software can be used? they're the only 2 i know of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I had what I think is the same error. It was the antivirus software that caused it. I put the folder that was downloading into the exclusion list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I had a similar problem before. In my case it was Google Desktop that was causing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

thanks guys...i moved the destination folders and it seems to be working. i appreciate the help. thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement