Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Oldtown?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

How can someone get to Oldtown in North County Dublin? I realise public transport won't get there exactly but does it go somewhere close so a taxi could be taken the final leg of the journey? Getting there by car is currently out of the question unfortunately and we'd be coming from the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

You can get the bus to Swords. I think the 41 goes there and then a taxi from Swords. A taxi from Swords wouldn't be too outrageous.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Oldtown from Swords is €20 . When are you intending to travel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I fear bus might be the only option, trainstations are a good bit out from Oldtown in fairness, i'd say between 30 - 40 quid from Balbriggan.

Driving in these parts is always just easier because of a lack of options!

Like sharkman said, when do you need to be there, perhaps you could get a lift of someone going that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

You can get a Bus Eireann bus at Busáras in Dublin city centre that goes to Oldtown. Just go to the Bus Eireann website to find prices and times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sharkman wrote: »
    Oldtown from Swords is €20 . When are you intending to travel ?

No day in particular, we want to go have a look at the area so we don't have to be there for a set day.

Thanks for the replies folks. Heh I really need to learn to drive by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

Hey Folks,

How can someone get to Oldtown in North County Dublin? I realise public transport won't get there exactly but does it go somewhere close so a taxi could be taken the final leg of the journey? Getting there by car is currently out of the question unfortunately and we'd be coming from the city centre.

There is a bus service running from Swords to Oldtown. You can find out all the details on www.nifti.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

You can get a Bus Eireann bus at Busáras in Dublin city centre that goes to Oldtown. Just go to the Bus Eireann website to find prices and times.

Not any more - route 102 ceased in the recent round of cutbacks due to lack of patronage.

KC61 wrote: »
    Not any more - route 102 ceased in the recent round of cutbacks due to lack of patronage.

Really? I double checked on the Bus Eireann website before posting and they give Oldtown as an option. Didn't mean to give the wrong advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

The timetable for Route 102 which used to serve Oldtown is no longer on the Bus Eireann websitehttp://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=58#dublin

clunked wrote: »
    The timetable for Route 102 which used to serve Oldtown is no longer on the Bus Eireann websitehttp://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=58#dublin

Like I said, the Bus Eireann website gave me the option of Oldtown when I put it in as the destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

There is a bus service running from Swords to Oldtown. You can find out all the details on www.nifti.ie

I can guarantee you that the Nifti bus service runs from Swords (Pavillions I think) via Ballyboughal, Oldtown to Garristown. Its a 21 seater or thereabouts and I pass it on the road several times a week. All info on www.nifti.ie.
    Regards,
    BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Like I said, the Bus Eireann website gave me the option of Oldtown when I put it in as the destination.

It is in the fares and tickets list but try the actual journey planner and you'll see that there is no service.

Advertisement