Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Loving

Options
  • 10-05-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

So what y'all at after the exams for the 3 or so months of the warmer-than-usual-but-still-exceptionally-rainy season?

I'm stuck working on coop daydreaming back to my J1 last year. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Im doing a wonderfully exciting 35,000 word thesis due in September.

I'd rather be on co-op!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jesus Dave, I thought my 8,500 FYP was gonna be tough :eek:

Nah, you don't wanna be on coop. You're living the college dream right now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Haha I'm probably gonna be shot for this......

I DON'T WANT THIS YEAR TO END!! :(
    Prepping for the leaving this time last year had me miserable, thinking I didnt get my course and would have to repeat had me miserable, friends all going onto different things.....

But it's actually been the best nine months ever. No word of a lie. I'm actually gonna be SO miserable this summer :(
    To think I got bored over christmas, what am I gonna do for three and a half months!! :(

*sniffle*

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Co-Op in Galway. Earning monies, saving, hopefully getting my programming skills up to snuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

Found myself a job in Limerick so I can stay up instead of moving back to the country that is incredibly boring and has no 3-D cinema :D

• Advertisement

Kudos on the job, I can't imagine summer jobs will be at all plentiful this year,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

After spending erasmus in Austria last semester I landed myself a job in a Irish pub there in Graz for the summer, heading over next week

cson wrote: »
    Jesus Dave, I thought my 8,500 FYP was gonna be tough :eek:

Nah, you don't wanna be on coop. You're living the college dream right now :P

8,500 words! ffs, that'll barely be my literature review for my thesis! the fyp is grand though, I just hope this thesis works out to be the same!

Ask DJCR and Burning Eclipse what their word count is, and you'll see the injustice being done to my class!

I'm living 'a' dream right now, I havent reached "Van Wilder" status as of yet, but maybe one day! :)

1huge1 wrote: »
    After spending erasmus in Austria last semester I landed myself a job in a Irish pub there in Graz for the summer, heading over next week

Nice, I'd love to work in Irish Bar somewhere foreign, it'd be handy out I'd say.

dole dole and more dole.
    5 years in college and its finally over!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

working out in france for the summer, kinda ironic as its for cleaning mobile homes considering the state of my house at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

freyners wrote: »
    working out in france for the summer,

So damn jealous.... this will be my first summer in three years not being in lovely warm and summy Paris!!! :D:D

Instead I'll be in Limerick doing a Thesis!!

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh man .... unreal craic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aw DAMMIT, cson!

Now I have "Summer Nights" from Grease stuck in my head!! :mad:

Feck it, if I'm going down, ye are all going down with me
    Summer lovin', having a blast,
    Summer lovin', happened so fast,
    I met a girl, crazy for meee!
    I met a boy, cute as could be....

Anyway, to answer your question...not much :(
    The job front is not looking good. Like an idiot, I left the job hunt too late and now there's nothing.

I do have a lovely wisdom tooth extraction to look forward to, fun :(

:D

Fond memories of singing that for my TY musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

cson, You just made my night =D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    cson, You just made my night =D

That's the first time he's heard that! :pac:

Quiet you Mossin.

It must have been a really slow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

DJCR wrote: »
    So damn jealous.... this will be my first summer in three years not being in lovely warm and summy Paris!!! :D:D

Instead I'll be in Limerick doing a Thesis!!

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh man .... unreal craic!!

ah pity, i found out where today, either argeles sur mer (rite beside spanish border, hr from barca) or if not there, st jean de mont, on the west coast.:D LML (opposite of fml)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Hopefully I'll get some kind of job this summer :p Going to see Megadeth down in Cork in June... or whenever it is lol. Studying for at least 2 repeats anyway as well hah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Somehow managed to get a job working for a company in UL for the summer, and in something degree related which was an unexpected bonus. Was kinda resigned to dishing out CVs for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Co op for the summer for me in Raheen! Delighted because i get to live near UL!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ill be on my third j1 to my beautifull converted american school bus campervan in the forest in maine WOOP WOOP

3 months of working and partying with all my friends, meeting 200+ new college students every weekend eating roast pig and bbq's at the bonfire and not actually having to worry about money

cant complain really

then back to 4th year and an fyp that is really over my head but hey the summer will be class

i can complain about that no problem, but i wont

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    Co op for the summer for me in Raheen! Delighted because i get to live near UL!
    Raheen is the opposite side of town from UL...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nagoh

Joining the mad dash for summer jobs, spent the day in CSIS labs trying to get the printers to behave while they printed CVs :P

And of course, I have a mad urge to join OPC now that it's finished up for the year. A brief trip to Lahinch has brought back the urge to go rock climbing. Typical..!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Nockz wrote: »
    Raheen is the opposite side of town from UL...
    But summer rent over here is so much cheaper! And considering two of us in the house will be driving to Raheen anyway, it works out for the best! That plus the fact we can just take a house for 12 months, rather trying to find two houses.

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    But summer rent over here is so much cheaper! And considering two of us in the house will be driving to Raheen anyway, it works out for the best! That plus the fact we can just take a house for 12 months, rather trying to find two houses.

you can get rent around ul for 350 for the entire summer

if thats not cheaper then raheen fair enough but just fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Aw DAMMIT, cson!
    I do have a lovely wisdom tooth extraction to look forward to, fun :(

I had to get THREE removed this year. Two at the one go. The extraction is ok. It's when to needle is injected into your gum about 6 times, into the nerve too if you're lucky. :(

Ummmm well, for the next month, I've a bitta money coming my way. Made 50 squid there from babysitting for 5 hours! :eek: Also got the Street World Performance Championships of which I'm volunteering at and a few parties.

Then I'm going to Glastonbury for 6 days. Woot ****ing woot for that! Excitement can't possibly describe it. :pac: I've spent more time studying the clashfinder and maps than for my exams I'd say!

Then I've a job sorted for a month in a booootiful boarding school south of London for a month, teaching English to European kids which is A/ Great money and B/ Critical experience that will push me ahead of the Co-Op game for Argentina in September. :D

For August, I have no idea, I'll probably focus on getting my FYP started. FYI any potential Applied Language students: You have to have your FYP proposal done by Christmas of 2nd year and the full shebang done by end of 3rd year! This I did not know until recently! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

snazzy wrote: »
    I had to get THREE removed this year. Two at the one go. The extraction is ok. It's when to needle is injected into your gum about 6 times, into the nerve too if you're lucky. :(

Not too worried about that, really. I'm going to be knocked out for it. :o

Just not looking forward to the aftershow :P

Just not looking forward to the aftershow :P

enjoy the drugs

if you get the same ones i did you will be more than fine

• Advertisement

I'm actually looking forward to the party in the plaza taking place on 3rd June, and also to the summer gigs in Thomond Park! I'll be working there for them all - hopefully!

Advertisement