Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling shorts best place to buy

• 10-05-2010 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good pair of bib shorts.my assos is just about worn out and to be honest i dont fancy paying out a great deal of money this time round.
    i seen dhb on the wiggle site anybody got them what are they like;)
    im after cheap,ish shorts that work:D
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I got dhb one from wiggle...they were the WORST pair of shorts Ive ever had, the chamoix actually moves and rubs and they have rough seams, I got them for a tour I was doing as didnt want to 'rough it' with my regular shorts, anyway, had enough of them, got a pair of assos straightaway, and heaven for the rest of that tour and since :) would not try another brand now, they are like a glove. Go for them again, since you've had them already, you will know what your actually missing raher than never having them and wondering ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

The Santini twistgel shorts are ALMOST as good as Assos, Prendas Cyclismo and Geoff butler have good prices and service but you pay for postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

thanks for that lads,i would like to get another pair of assos there fantastic but i can't at this time afford to spend 180 or near enough on them/
    the santini look good but my size seems to be out of stock:mad:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

thanks for that lads,i would like to get another pair of assos there fantastic but i can't at this time afford to spend 180 or near enough on them/
    the santini look good but my size seems to be out of stock:mad:
    Assos F1 Uno available at £105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

Beasty wrote: »
    Assos F1 Uno available at £105
    thank's beasty but still to much money i know there great but :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i have a pair of assos bibs f5 also sugoi gel shorts i find them more comfortable than the assos on a long spin 55 euro from the bike shop wexford .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Shorts are a personal thing; what works for one person doesn't for another. I don't have dhb shorts but I have several pairs of their cheap "Earnley" 3/4 length tights and I find them very comfortable and excellent for the price.

My good shorts are Descente Optima and I have a fair amount of other Descente stuff which fits me very well. I tried Castelli and Briko; very good quality but found the fit was off for me.

I have some Cannondale stuff that isn't very good frankly. And Adidas tights which are very comfortable. And some old Nalini Pro shorts which I find a bit odd particularly from the chamois point of view.

Don't know if this is any use as it is as I say personal. But I'd say at the price the dhb are worth a punt. Their higher-end shorts get some very good reviews, compared to the higher-end stuff from the big brands... again some people just don't get on with them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

chakattack wrote: »
    The Santini twistgel shorts are ALMOST as good as Assos, Prendas Cyclismo and Geoff butler have good prices and service but you pay for postage.

i bought the santini gitcx shorts from CRC did the tour of sligo first run out (first 160km) got to say fantastic (these have the intech twist gel insert)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29164

loads better than my endura fs260 pro shorts and 71 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I got a pair of these dhb shorts a while back and have found them very comfortable and the padding is very good in them! I see there is 25% off them on wiggle at the moment so might get myself another pair of them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dunno if they are still around but if any cheap shorts have the same chamois:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29168

I found them incredible compared to anything I've had.

but as said before it's a personal choice, my personal choice for chamois would be these but you can only go on what you've tried before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

I bought a pair of Giordana Silverline shorts for 55.00. I find them better than a pair of Castelli I had for twice the price.

Advertisement