Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Student Discount

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story with this is?
    The link on apples website just brings me to the UCD IT Services website and that says nothing about it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

choose the second link not the first one.

I dunno why but they changed it - there is no need to say which college you are in to get the discount from the site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

choose the second link not the first one.

I dunno why but they changed it - there is no need to say which college you are in to get the discount from the site.
    That will only get you the regular student discount which is about 7 percent. The get the "Apple on Campus" discount of about 10 percent you need to use the link on your UCD Connect page. Login and it's in the IT services tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You can avail of 13% discounts at the start of term if you can wait that long

Otherwise, I'd recommend a refurb if you're looking for a laptop - no student deals but the discounts are very good. If there isn't one there for your specs, just wait a few days and check again...

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Cool thanks guys!

Is the 13% like a "back to college" offer at the start of the semester or is the student discount just increasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

13% - nice, might think of getting one if I am back in UCD in sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yep, I'm nearly sure they're still doing it - at the start of Sept and then sometimes after Christmas. However, I can't guarantee it'll be available, that's just what they used to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Even including the price of the train to Belfast, it works out FAR cheaper buying in the Northern Ireland Apple store and getting your standard student discount there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Even including the price of the train to Belfast, it works out FAR cheaper buying in the Northern Ireland Apple store and getting your standard student discount there.
    Will they give it though? I thought I read that they started refusing students from the south.

Anyway, I didn't know about the 13 percent discount. Was that definitely offered this year as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

I just checked the Apple UK store, the basic MBP with a student discount is 938GBP which is equal to 1091euro. The 10% UCD discount for the basic MBP is only 1034euro.

Advertisement