Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it possible to study art outside school for the leaving cert??

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i can't do art in school for the L.C because the art and German class are being held at the same time... and theres only one class of each...and i need German, i had to drop art :(
    so i was wondering if its possible to do art outside school for the leaving cert??
    if so, where????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I've heard of people doing art outside school. The only real problem would be the practicals, if you organise it with the art teacher and principal of your school you could probably do them there. Then you could get grinds and practise art outside school. But really unless you need art for your course I wouldn't bother doing it as an extra subject. It's a stressful subject - I just finished art today, and I'm not usually someone who gets easily freaked out and I was well practised and prepared, but ten minutes into the second pose of the life drawing and I was almost crying. It's also near impossible to get high marks in. Really if you like art, just keep it as a nice stress free hobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Yup, it's completely possible. Like Lawliet said, just contact the art teacher and principal about it. You'd probably have to either get grinds for it or just do it at your own pace. I did it last year but we had a small class organized after school hours for it. Worst part was the art history! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

It's tottaly possible and mo u don't need grinds for it if ur good at art that's all it is... Just vet the craft and imaginitve comp or still life exam papers off your teacher and just do them... Development sheets And research sheet for the craft work.

Don't listen to these two posters u don't need grinds for art... Heck even the art history stuff is easy u do not require grinds... Just find out what 6 questions are likely to come up when u are doing ur LC and make out answers... Simple as. The appreciation section is all bluff work and this is where ur artistic perception comes handy... Start visiting art galleries from time to time and note aspects about them like lighting works presentation atmosphere... U only need to visit one good gallery find one stick to it and that's ur appreciation solved.

One thiN g though: art exam is stressful! But if u Prepare for the 7 days before the exam u will be grand.

And it's easy to get high marks in life drawing lol... Don't be worried by this guy/girl. All u need to do Is proper
    porportions... Basically 7 heads or 8... And get the pose down. Lol it's really easy... So relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

If I was you I'd take German outside of school, it'd be much easier to do than taking art outside of school but it depends if you just need a pass to get into university or not

Advertisement