Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghost Estates in Ireland

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

I think some people here are getting lost in the long grass as we move along. there's been a mixed response to the Thread, but some posters are mixing up the story line.
    No one has asked for bailouts or cribbing about the price of their homes, we're talking about Ghost Estates and thats that, no hand outs, no bail outs.There were a few people like myself who thought the idea of FAS trainees under supervision of course, might be a good idea for them to go into these Estates to bring them up to standard, livable in other words so as people can go about their normal business each day.

These trainees are bang in the middle of their apprenticeships with no jobs and no way of becoming qualified. No better way for them to finish their time and gain the necessary experience they need for their trade. In the end it's a win win for everyone people get their homes and their Estates finished Fas are getting a return for their money and the Government are doing something sensible for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

for anyone who didn't see it and wants to watch it it's on rte2 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

I just checked out that documentary tonight. It makes for very depressing viewing. I was just wondering, surely the contracts that were signed were signed with the understanding that all the amenities would be in place for the home buyers. They are obviously not complete now and won't be. Wouldn't that make the contracts with the banks/builders now null and void, effectively giving these people a chance to get out of the deal and get their lives back. I wonder if it was ever challenged in court that they were offered to buy a home in an estate with playground, roads, etc. yet weren't given these facilites.

Would it be up to challenging. At the end of the day, when people tried to get out of contracts for buying off the plans at Celtic Tiger prices, the builders would persue them. Surely it can be switched around now.

Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

My heart went out to the electrician with the 2 kids his wife was only working.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

What's with the evil blink smiley at the start of this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hey,

I read on another forum that this programme is now available to view on the RTE player -- but I can only find the other 3 aftershock programmes. Can anyone check and tell me if it is up there? I am living abroad at the mo, and so I have to use the ''international'' version of the RTE player. Wouldn't be suprised if they didn't want the ghost estates programme showing outside of Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Hey,

I read on another forum that this programme is now available to view on the RTE player -- but I can only find the other 3 aftershock programmes. Can anyone check and tell me if it is up there? I am living abroad at the mo, and so I have to use the ''international'' version of the RTE player. Wouldn't be suprised if they didn't want the ghost estates programme showing outside of Ireland!

Ya its up now but only for the next two days!

Seems that the powers that be dont want many people seeing this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

skelliser wrote: »
    Ya its up now but only for the next two days!

Seems that the powers that be dont want many people seeing this!!

Cant watch it here in the US.. someone put it on youtube plz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Can someone who's good at the computer put it up on Youtube. For all of eternity. It needs to be recorded for those poor lads in the States that can't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

RubyBlu wrote: »
    Can someone who's good at the computer put it up on Youtube. For all of eternity. It needs to be recorded for those poor lads in the States that can't get it.

http://www.irishtorrents.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

I know it's off topic, but I had a look at the video in your sig - the state of the tubby little ginger fighting in that video! lol @ him making hard-man shapes and throwing big wild looping punches all over the place. Where did you spot him? Carlow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I know it's off topic, but I had a look at the video in your sig - the state of the tubby little ginger fighting in that video! lol @ him making hard-man shapes and throwing big wild looping punches all over the place. Where did you spot him? Carlow?

Haha i know the lad in blue in that video, i think its him anyway looks like him, hes a bouncer in a club at that and a sound one, that lad trying to get into the restaurant(Mcd's) prob started it by the looks of it.

• RubyBlu wrote: »

I can never watch anything on RTE player outside Ireland. Only the same boring crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Seriously, what are RTE playing at? The RTE main site has a link to the programme, but when I click it, the below image is all I can see..
    Come on RTE, the property crash is not news to anyone outside of Ireland either...:rolleyes:

I would love to live in a ghost estate. Well, I wouldn't love to have bought my house for a massive amount, but an entire estate to myself? These whingers are living the dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Seriously, what are RTE playing at? The RTE main site has a link to the programme, but when I click it, the below image is all I can see..
    Come on RTE, the property crash is not news to anyone outside of Ireland either...:rolleyes:
    Another territory??
    Perhaps a ghost estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

WTFH does this site actually achieve, other than wasting my time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

heres the link to it on RTE player http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1072693

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

four18 wrote: »

^
    Is that you ghost estate?

Advertisement