Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro Karting

• 10-05-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I,ve just e-mailed motorsport Ireland about reviving a pro karting championship in the Republic of Ireland,I got a reply to say my mail would be sent to the karting committee for possible discussion at their next meeting in early June,if there are others out there who would agree with reviving pro karts, please send an e-mail with your opinions to this address...info@motorsportireland.com...the more correspondence they receive the better..pro karts always provided very close racing and cheap racing at that,just whats needed in the present climate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I would be very surprised if you get a positive response.
    1 There is already a budget class (superpro kart)
    2 The pro karts died out in the south because people started racing with their wallets.
    3 They will maintain a class for 8 to 10 karts but will not start a new class for so few.
    I would encourage you to try , but don't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Se Conman, people have been racing with their wallets LONG before prokarts even started, let alone finished.

Can't believe the class ever went away to be honest, where did everyone go? Not to Max I guess. Sure the prokart class was incredibly slow, but it provided brilliant racing for very small money. What year was it scrapped? Is it running in the UK or NI anywhere? If not it might be hard to get it going again....there must be 100's of prokarts laying around in peoples sheds and garages around Ireland. You would think that now is a better time than any for an economical class, aside from superpros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

What I meant was that it stayed as a budget class for a while but then some tarnished the goodwill and ethos of a budget class.Cams were being changed to gain minute advantages , so on and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mickoh

Surely it would be possible to seal the engines like in rotax or any other series with a control engine.Also pro karts can still be buught new,there are a few companies in England still building them...i.e. Biz
    F1 etc

Advertisement