Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of The Week #57 - Deftones - Around The Fur

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Righto, it's a Monday so it's time to see what was voted as this week's album of the week. For the first time since I've been doing the vote counting we've got a tie so I used my mod-given power to cast the deciding vote and you can see what I went for based on the subject of this thread :).

As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band
    |
    Album
    |
    Vote Count

Apocalyptica|Worlds Collide|2
    Alcest|Écailles De Lune|3
    Iron Maiden|Piece of Mind|3
    Carcass|Necroticism|4
    Deftones|Around The Fur|4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This is easily my second favourite Deftones album, there are so many great songs on the album - Around The Fur, Be Quiet and Drive, Headup, Lhabia and My Own Summer are ones that come to mind immediately.

Edit: Just listened to the song "Damone" that's at the end of MX and I have to give it the thumbs up. I'd never really bothered listening to it in its entirety before :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Absolutely awesome album:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Love this album, its up there with white pony for me, very close call as to which is better IMO. My Own Summer is what go me into Deftones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Great album! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

Iron Maiden Piece Of Mind is classic, i was watching some music chanel last nite( forget which one) and The Trooper was picked as 'best metal anthem'. Unfortunately they had Van Halen's 'Jump' at number 6 i think FFS!!

• Advertisement

fartmaster wrote: »
    Iron Maiden Piece Of Mind is classic, i was watching some music chanel last nite( forget which one) and The Trooper was picked as 'best metal anthem'. Unfortunately they had Van Halen's 'Jump' at number 6 i think FFS!!
    :confused: What has this got to do with the thread topic?

Malice_ wrote: »
    :confused: What has this got to do with the thread topic?

everything!!! POM should have been voted in or Carcass should have gotton the extra vote i demand a recount ;)

everything!!! POM should have been voted in or Carcass should have gotton the extra vote i demand a recount ;)
    If you like Piece of Mind so much why didn't you vote for it? Mind you, that would have made a three-way tie for first place and, as moderator, I'd still have the deciding vote so Around The Fur would still win.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from counting the votes yourself if you think I miscounted.

Malice_ wrote: »
    If you like Piece of Mind so much why didn't you vote for it? Mind you, that would have made a three-way tie for first place and, as moderator, I'd still have the deciding vote so Around The Fur would still win.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from counting the votes yourself if you think I miscounted.

i would have voted but missed it, would have been a 3 way tie would you have still gone for Around the fur over Piece of Mind?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great album,got put this on now actually.

• Advertisement

would have been a 3 way tie would you have still gone for Around the fur over Piece of Mind?
    Yes I would have, I'm not much of an Iron Maiden fan. Anyway let's get back on topic - I prefer White Pony to this album because there is a greater variety of sounds from it. This one is a bit more focused on being a wall of noise (which isn't a bad thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

CAn still remember picking this album up!! Such a classic...........

They were deadly on the ATF tour too............

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

listening to head up right now. :pac:

I have to say that the couple of times I've seen Deftones live they were very disappointing. Now, both times were large-scale outdoor festivals so it's quite possible that kind of venue doesn't suit them but either way I was not a happy bunny!

Advertisement