Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Anyone heard?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Has anyone heard back from UCD re mature students applications. I havent even gotten an acknowledgement ?..............:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I heard nothing back myself but I'm putting that down to just not being selected for interview. I've heaard though that UCD are always late calling people in for interviews anyway, so maybe thats the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

browne111 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back from UCD re mature students applications. I havent even gotten an acknowledgement ?..............:confused:

I would ring them up as I think I got some sort of acknowledgement of my application. I think it was something to do with fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Not sure what you applied for OP but I apllied to UCD for a health science related course. I emailed UCD admissions in Feb just to enquire as to when interviews take place. I got the following email:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your email.

An interview date has not yet been set but to give you an idea of the timeframe the interviews were held at the end of June last year.

Regards,

Elaine Byrne
    Admissions
    UCD Registry
    Tierney Building
    University College Dublin

So, I dunno. June seems late enough. Gona email admissions again and ask is there any way to find out if UCD got my application package etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Just got a call today for an interview for mature entry in to Medicine for the end of May,

Anyone else, any tips???

End of May for Medicine, eh? Atleast you have a bit of time to prepare.

I emailed admissions today about Radiography, the lady said the School of Radiography is finalising their list of interviewees and will be contacting them in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

Cool. Let me know if you hear anythin. the waiting is killing me!!

Got called today. Selected for interview. Phew. Fingers crossed now. Interview not for a few weeks so I can prepare.

Me too yay! I wonder how many they call and how many places they have in courses? Any ideas?

browne111 wrote: »
    Me too yay! I wonder how many they call and how many places they have in courses? Any ideas?

When I went to the open day I spoke to the head of the radiogrpahy department about the course I want to do. He said they get 100 Mature applicants a year, shortlist 10 for interview and give places to atleast 2, more if the candidates are good. (i think he was just trying to give the impression that it is pretty competitive etc)

When I did work experience and spoke to recently qualified radiographers who studied in UCD they said they had between 1-6 mature students in their year so it seems to depend. The course only takes 40 a yr so it's not a bad ratio I guess.

Dunno what course you plan to do. But i previously did a BA in UCD and there were alot of mature students. Atleast 15% if not a bit more.

Good luck, anyway. hope we all do well.

Usually its 10% of the total class places. But then again it just depend on the college and course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilylarkin

Hi Larianne, I attended for mature student Engineering interviews in April and have been advised that an offer of a place is being posted out this week. I heard that other UCD courses were notified last week. Hope it goes well for you. Let us know if you get ure place.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Anyone heard from vet nursing in UCD, interviews or otherwise?

lilylarkin wrote: »
    Hi Larianne, I attended for mature student Engineering interviews in April and have been advised that an offer of a place is being posted out this week. I heard that other UCD courses were notified last week. Hope it goes well for you. Let us know if you get ure place.

I just finished 1st year! I think you have me confused with browne111. :D

End of May for Medicine, eh? Atleast you have a bit of time to prepare.

I emailed admissions today about Radiography, the lady said the School of Radiography is finalising their list of interviewees and will be contacting them in the coming weeks.

How did your interview go?

Advertisement