Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving range

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Has the one in Greystones closed down..?

Hope not..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

i heard from a friend it's closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

feck.....really !!!.
    wonder what they'll build there now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Yes it definitely closed. My husband went down there about a month ago and discovered the bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waternews

I saw an ad in the Wicklow Times a couple of months ago from WCC looking for someone to run the franchise.
    It usually takes a few months for those tenders to go through - so it could reopen.
    Might be worth contacting the council to find out when.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

the owners felll out with wicklow co co.

think its due to reopen again, i believe they've renegotiated rates or are renegotiating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

The CoCo interviewed applicants last week. I don't know how long it will take them to evaluate and select but it will definitely re-open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Happy days.. Thanks for all the info guys..

Would be good if they'd do an evening special of some sorts..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budro

I tried to use the Charlesland GC driving range but its for members or greens fees players only. They said they had talked about taking over the public range but the ground is to marshy thus too labour intensive to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

was going to use charlesland range tomorrow, might try blag my way in. Anyone know where the next nearest range is.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

dr ro wrote: »
    was going to use charlesland range tomorrow, might try blag my way in. Anyone know where the next nearest range is.

Unless "blag my way in" means hopping over the fence with your own shag bag, I think you'll be out of luck.
    You could try the range at Druids Heath. Otherwise, Stepaside or Leopardstown are your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 budro

Give blagging your way on to Charlesland a shot, I tried and failed. The members voted against public use of the range. The next nearest public range is Stepaside I think. Which is ok but expensive and about 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

There is a range at the back of Lil Doyles Pub on the N11 about 15 miles.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

There is also a driving range at Leopardstown race course

Advertisement