Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

where did you hear about the desmond rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jaysus Bodie Doyle, Gallas is a far better defender than Pique. Pique got rejected from United when the likes of Silvestre were still at the club. He may have won everything with Barca and Spain but he was in no way important to either of those teams. And if yeh think he's some sort of well behaved player check out this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6OTosObImc
    Anyways, dont know if any of ye heard about Taarabt, but apparently he's the signing of the summer!!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2010/aug/24/adel-taarabt-signing-of-the-summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    where did you hear about the desmond rumour?

Read it this morning online somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Bookies (apparently) not taking any more bets on Fabiano going to Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Bookies (apparently) not taking any more bets on Fabiano going to Spurs

with sevilla going out tonight and when we win tomorrow night , expect levy to open the cheque book and lets get this lad fabiano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I must be the only one thats really worried we could Fúck this up ps isn't Fabiano cup tied?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was just about to post what everdead said......

I must be the only one thats really worried we could Fúck this up ps isn't Fabiano cup tied?

im 99.99% sure that fabiano isnt cup tied as they got knocked out in the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There is confusion at the moment.

The UEFA regs for this season CL state:
    18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying
    round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to
    play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
    club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for
    the group phase of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa
    League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 16 (round of 32 for UEFA Europa League), a player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs 18.17 to 18.20 below. For the avoidance of doubt, a substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present regulations.

Fabiano has played at a later stage than the 3rd qualifying round therefore under those regs he will be cup-tied.

It is the issue of the UEFA official quoted saying they have relaxed the rules that is confusing people.

but is it true that he can play if we get to the knock out stages? cant we register 3 more players then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Not by my reading of the rules, if he's ineligible for the group stages he is ineligible for it all.

Lets get the important stuff out of the way though, like actually qualifying :D

yeah i know but all the speculation is crazy. signing a 29 yr old for bring money that cant play in this seasons champs league, is that a good idea?

Maybe it is,

We have enough cover there for the CL but we gotta do it again in the league this year ya know? Should be only thinking about the league IMHO and treat the CL (god hoping we qualify) as a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I am nearly sure Fabiano can play for us if we qualify for the next round. Most other forums have suggested he can play for aus as Sevilla were knocked out last night.
    We have the chance of bringing the current Brazilian centre forward to play for Spurs in the Champions league. We have come a long way from Gary Doc up front. I hope this deal happens . The lad is class and a great finisher. Lets hope we do the business tonight first.
    COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Harry reckons we dont need to buy anyone else really. Qualifying for the group stages will surely help attract the top players

did ye see the interview with harry last night? he said that we may not sign any other new players etc etc. i know you cant believe what he says but he did point out that we might do a good loan deal

there is a good chance that thats huntelaar to us and let keane go. we could take huntellar on loan with a choice to buy for a set price later. if he does crap then let him go back to milan, wud b good business and we all know how levy loves good business :-)

Never believe what Harry says ;)

Im sure he has 3 or 4 in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think he'll stick largely with the lads who got us there in the first place. Can't see us going out and buying anyone too big. Maybe a few squad players with CL experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Come on Fabiano!!

diarra and huntelaar look set for spurs over the weekend. we can forget about fabiano

• Advertisement

I thought Huntelaar was on his way to Barca as part of the Ibrahimovic deal?

some say that but levy is in talks apaprently for a season long loan with a view to a 12 million purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

mickman wrote: »
    some say that but levy is in talks apaprently for a season long loan with a view to a 12 million purchase

That one's in a few papers. I'd still be hopeful of maybe Fabiano (for Premiership cos he's cup tied for Champions League as far as I know) and Huntelaar for Champions League. Love to see Huntelaar getting on the end of crosses from Bale and Lennon!

I don't know am I in love with the Idea of huntelaar,

Remember Mateja Kežman? he scored somethin like 100 goals in 110 game in holland before he went to chelsea. I'm just not a fan of anyone who makes their name in Holland.

I'd take fabinao anyday over him tbh.

Diarra would be epic.

Sevilla are looking for over 20m for Fabiano, and he's in the last year of his contract, 29/30 years old. No chance on those terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Sevilla are looking for over 20m for Fabiano, and he's in the last year of his contract, 29/30 years old. No chance on those terms.

Could he not sign some sort of pre-contract agreement with us or something like that, if we had to wait till Janurary it would be ok.

By the way sky sports website is reporting that we are about to go back in for ashley young again. Was watching the "premiership years" on sky there and he was a decent striker in his charlton days, so he could play in a few positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »

Sevilla are playing a dangerous game. He'll leave on a free after next season, and nobody will pay 20m for him considering his age. I think we'll have to forget about him and move on to someone else.

kakee wrote: »
    Was watching the "premiership years" on sky there and he was a decent striker in his charlton days, so he could play in a few positions.

You mean Watford mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Do we really need Young though?

• Advertisement

Do we really want/need Ashley Young? I thought our priority in this transfer window was a new striker. Young is a midfielder/winger. If we buy him who do we drop from our current team? Lennon- No, Bale- not a hope, Hudd- playing great stuff, Palacios- maybe but when Luka comes back he will surely slot into the cm position.

Harry can we get a forward please and not another midfielder to add to the 12 we already have.

Advertisement