Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Possible Ins.
    Muntari
    Parker
    Pienaar
    Pletikosa
    Rossi
    Cardozo
    Young

Possible Outs
    Keane
    Hutton
    Jenas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Possible Ins.
    Muntari
    Parker
    Pienaar
    Pletikosa
    Rossi
    Cardozo
    Young

Possible Outs
    Keane
    Hutton
    Jenas

jenas is being lined up for stoke apparently, they are looking to get him and gudjohnson - strengthening nicely!

regarding the in players above, i think only rossi and parker is achievable out of that list. i dont know much about rossi, anyone here know if he is any good?

mickman wrote: »
    i dont know much about rossi, anyone here know if he is any good?

He has done quite well in Spain over the last couple of years, didn't really make the grade at Manyoo although he was young at the time. Anyway I cant see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Looks like Adebayor deal is going no where. Thank god!

As bleak as it is looking at the moment, another ex Goonbag would be a stretch too far for many - including myself!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6349808,00.html

That Gyan lad that is at Sunderland for a medical - should we not have had a look in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

So you'd rather sign Eidur and let robbie go ? I for one would take a grumpy robbie ahead of eidur every day of the week.

No you got me wrong there Hatch. I would have Robbie in our starting XI every week ahead of Pav, Defoe and Crouch. He brings so much more to the game than just goalscoring. But it looks like Harry wants to get rid of him. If that is the case (as time is rapidly running out and we need a replacement) then I would go for a player we know can do it in the Premiership that would coast a lot less than many other untried players in the league.eg Gyan, Gomes etc. Even on loan (again) Eidur Gudjohnsen would do the job until the next transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

gudjohnson has agreed a season long loan at stoke

one down!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

The story about ryan babel joining seems to be gathering pace. I also saw somewhere else that Miroslav Klose was spotted at WHL. Whatever happens today I can't see us signing anyone that will really bring the team to the next level, either those types of players are unavailable or we can't or won't pay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

There's some crazy stories doing the rounds...

Keane to Besiktas?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6350039,00.html

keane=cock wrote: »
    gudjohnson has agreed a season long loan at stoke

one down!

**** it!!!
    Great player but no ambition if he wants to play for Stoke.

If Robbie legs it to Turkey we need to find a replacement.

If Robbie legs it to Turkey we need to find a replacement.

He wont be allowed leave if we dont bring someone in .

• Advertisement

I don't think we're going to sign anybody major lads. I hope I'm wrong and end up with egg on my face but I just get that feeling.

He wont be allowed leave if we dont bring someone in .

Whats the point in keeping him if Harry won't play him?

I hope he stays but only if they sort out their differences and Harry will give him some playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

He wont be allowed leave if we dont bring someone in

I think the problem is harry has been told to sell before he can buy. Whats wrong is nobody wants our fringe players because they all are on long-term well-paid contracts and have no intention of moving on. We would be lucky to get €6 million for Robbie, this won't stretch too far in todays market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

1227: DEAL DONE: And Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp said all would be quiet on the Spurs front today... Croatian keeper Stipe Pletikosa's arrival from Spartak Moscow on a season-long loan has only gone and been confirmed hasn't it. We're rocking and rolling now.

Don't know whats he like personally. Assume its for the number 2 spot as opposed challaging for number 1 spot??

12.08pm: Harry Redknapp has just spoken to Sky's Man Outside Tottenham's Training Ground: "Not close to signing anyone. Lionel doesn't want to leave Barcelona."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Beat me too it hatch :)

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    1227: DEAL DONE: And Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp said all would be quiet on the Spurs front today... Croatian keeper Stipe Pletikosa's arrival from Spartak Moscow on a season-long loan has only gone and been confirmed hasn't it. We're rocking and rolling now.

Don't know whats he like personally. Assume its for the number 2 spot as opposed challaging for number 1 spot??

id imagine number 3? unless the gomes injury is more serious than we are led to believe

keane=cock wrote: »
    id imagine number 3? unless the gomes injury is more serious than we are led to believe

He'll be number 2 judging by Carlo's blunder on sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

"Scott Parker's at Spurs Lodge. Not my eyes but from a good source. And any takers on Oscar Cardozo? Daniel levy is sorting that one out as we speak. Oh - Jermaine Jenas has turned down a move to Stoke."

From BBC site.

Ryan Babel on his way to London according to SSN, hope it's Upton Park he is heading for :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Oh sweet jesus !!!

Sky Sports report that Liverpool striker Ryan Babel is in a helicopter heading to Tottenham as we speak (or write, or tweet or whatever).

...again from the beeb site. This cant be true :eek:

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus !!!

Sky Sports report that Liverpool striker Ryan Babel is in a helicopter heading to Tottenham as we speak (or write, or tweet or whatever).

snap

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

"Scott Parker's at Spurs Lodge. Not my eyes but from a good source. And any takers on Oscar Cardozo? Daniel levy is sorting that one out as we speak. Oh - Jermaine Jenas has turned down a move to Stoke."

From BBC site.

Tweet from Jacqui Oatley BBC

Scott Parker's just told me he's 100% staying at West Ham

From BBC site.

showed parker at west ham's training ground earlier in his jeep talking on his phone for 10 mins before getting out n taking part in training!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Cardoza please

Oh sweet jesus !!!

change of direction. heading to west ham as a swap deal for babel( who was linked with spurs just now too)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Hopefully we get Babel aswell. Before you all blast me out of the water, i thin k harry can work his magic on this kid. Hes not a winger, hes a Robbie Keane type player with pace. I can see him playing in the hole and doing it well. Even converting him into an attcking centre midfielder. If the price is right id love to see him come

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Apparently Turkish fan forums are rife with speculation that Beskitas are making a move for Robbie Keane. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Tottenham Hotspur are in talks to sign Bongani Khumalo in January, according to the South African defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Turkish fan forums are rife with something alright ... :D

Advertisement