Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Aitch on SSN right now saying he hopes it goes through and Levy is at the training ground working on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

So is it gone bang or what ?

'Arry's smiling if that means anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

harry just on sky heading home, says waiting for clearance but they are hopeful. smiling away he was, 8 million quid. what a deal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

It's looking very promising lads - Harry seemed confident, very confident indeed!

It's left in Levy's hands for the mo - hopefully he won't feck it up on us now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Rob_Parrish:
    Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed that the club are hoping to complete a last-gasp deal for Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart. Stay with us for more on this breaking news. The window may have closed, but this deal can still be done provided the Premier League had received all the relevant paperwork by 6pm. ;)

Talk elsewhere suggest the deal will be contingent on the FA allowing the deal to be completed after the 6pm deadline, so all depends on what sort of paperwork was lodged by the close of the window I suppose.

Marca say the deal is done, and they are effectively Real's mouthpiece.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Harry wrote:
    It (The Rafael van der Vaart deal) is still dragging on. We have been trying to do something but we are waiting to see if it has all gone through and we are hoping it has. It's something to do with clearance. I think he was going to Bayern Munich yesterday for £18m and suddenly he became much cheaper. They let me know around 1600 BST that he was available for £8m and for that money he is a top player who will definitely improve us. The fee has come crashing down because the deadline is so close. He's a great passer of the ball, he's a top footballer, he will join in here and be a big plus for us. We were also interested in Ryan Babel, he was a player we made an enquiry about but it never came close

According to bbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Talk elsewhere suggest the deal will be contingent on the FA allowing the deal to be completed after the 6pm deadline, so all depends on what sort of paperwork was lodged by the close of the window I suppose.

Marca say the deal is done, and they are effectively Real's mouthpiece.

Fingers crossed so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

harry confirmed its done. 8 million!!! real had too many on their books and his price plummeted. coys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Just off to walk the dogs. By the time I get home Van Der Vaart will be a Spurs player. If Harry is "confident" then it means it is 125% done. Yipee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Niiiiiiiiiiice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

excellent:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

harry confirmed its done. 8 million!!! real had too many on their books and his price plummeted. coys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bayern had a bid of 18 million accepted yesterday,deal fell through and we get him for 8 million. christ in levy we trust!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've a bad feeling that some people are going to dissapointed in a little while. I really hope not, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, I'd be very happy with this signing. Surely the club/Harry wouldn't mention it if it wasn't about to happen? For £8 million he'd be a real bargain.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

BBC's live transfer deadline day team have given up and gone home. :)

looking at the you tube videos he looks like a player who can get in the box and score plenty of goals. excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Great buy

• Advertisement

you gotta hand it to levy this time lads. 8 mill and yesterday he was going for 18 mill, what a piece of business

dont forget keane can still go to celtic before 12 tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Superb signing and for a song , thank you Mr Levy

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

please please please please please please please!!!!!! let this go through, what a signing he wud be!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Whan will we find out if the FA allows this transfer to go through? the waiting is killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

Decision tomorrow, I believe!!

Remember Arshavin?? Should be ok but dont feel good bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

ye it almost seems too good to be true!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Sligo Spur wrote: »
    Decision tomorrow, I believe!!

Remember Arshavin?? Should be ok but dont feel good bout it.

Isn't there some Ars*nal members on the FA and none from us :mad: Or has that changed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Latest I heard was that the FA said It's not valid cos the papers did not arrive until 6.10.But the Spanish deadline does not run out until 12 midnight so by FIFA rules it should be valid and FIFA can over rule the FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Still awaiting ratification from
    Premier league.Come on lads, sort it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    Latest I heard was that the FA said It's not valid cos the papers did not arrive until 6.10.But the Spanish deadline does not run out until 12 midnight so by FIFA rules it should be valid and FIFA can over rule the FA.

...fingers still crossed.....

Advertisement