Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Is this guy not a left winger ? Thought we had loads of options over that side !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Maybe they know we are loosing Luka?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I don't know much about that Turkish player but going by the comments on the link he must be a good one.

Linked today with Kevin Doyle and Ashley Young. A lot tastier than carrick and Bellamy if you ask me. Might even manage to include the likes of keane/jenas as part of one of the deals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Linked today with Kevin Doyle and Ashley Young. A lot tastier than carrick and Bellamy if you ask me. Might even manage to include the likes of keane/jenas as part of one of the deals.

if we signed doyle then id cry. he is a rubbish player and so un spurs like its not even funny

bellamy is ten times the player he is

I would +100 mickman,

I like the guy because he's Irish and I'm delighted for him that he seems to be getting a big move but to take him over Bellamy is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

If we bought young where do we play him we already have Modric bale and kranjcar that can play on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Swap with Bentley and let him battle it out with Lennon :)

Can young play right and left?

I wouldn't mind him tbh, how much are they saying? With millner on the way out I couldn't see martin being too happy with letting Young go for cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He's right-footed so he could definitely work on the right, though he's mainly played on the left so that he could cut inside.

What about Bale though? His future IMO is at left mid so maybe a little harsh on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

SuprSi wrote: »
    Swap with Bentley and let him battle it out with Lennon :)

I'm not a Spurs fan, but I thought Bentley was outstanding in the games he played and as a sub.

He's the perfect fit with Crouch and a good replacement for Lennon when injured.

I think any of the top clubs would like to have Bentley after the season he's had.

There's still a lot of talk about Harry trying to sign suarez realistically he'd need to agree a deal soon as if he doesn't his price could go through the roof after the world cup. He'd be a pretty big gamble considering not all players can make the transition from holland to England

Stephen Ireland - All the ROI Squad status stuff aside - would you like to see him at Spurs ? Discuss.

In a word, No!

Good player, maybe even a great player but we seem to have a non-dickhead squad which suits me fine.

In saying that, if he did sign him I'd get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

kevin doyle would be a great signing for ye. he is level headed, wouldnt fall out with the manager, has no problem doing a job for ye on the wing if needed, is lethal in the air without being very tall, is quick, can run all day. he is a very good striker and would be a better signing than bellamy IMO.

bellamy is quality on his day, but will be 31 by the start of the season. he has always picked up injuries and if his pace starts to go, he wouldnt be half the player he is. you dont know when he is going to fall out with the manager either.

luis fabiano would be the best of the lot, but i cant see that happening tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ziedth wrote: »
    In a word, No!

Good player, maybe even a great player but we seem to have a non-dickhead squad which suits me fine.

In saying that, if he did sign him I'd get on with it.

dont think we have a non dick head squad. i believe jenas is a dick at best! hutton beat his dad up. BAE has had some strange antics/remarks on and off the pitch. im sure there is more but off the top of my head.

really i think deep down they all think they are the dogs [EMAIL="boll@cks"]boll@cks[/EMAIL] and most prob are just sh1tebags but, i like them as footballers and that really is all that matters.

keane=cock wrote: »
    dont think we have a non dick head squad. i believe jenas is a dick at best! hutton beat his dad up. BAE has had some strange antics/remarks on and off the pitch. im sure there is more but off the top of my head.

really i think deep down they all think they are the dogs boll@cks and most prob are just sh1tebags but, i like them as footballers and that really is all that matters.

actually bentley!!

where do i start there!!:D

keane=cock wrote: »

really i think deep down they all think they are the dogs [EMAIL="boll@cks"]boll@cks[/EMAIL] and most prob are just sh1tebags but, i like them as footballers and that really is all that matters.

hmmm,

maybe your right. Although to take Chelsea off the top of my head your talking Droghba Terry Both Coles Anelka and Ballack. I know on a knob scale which is worse between out examples.

I see your point though, it's fair to say that footballers in general are probably more often **** but I see the likes of King and Crouch who both seem to be top blokes.

And you forgot Woodgate and Defoe two prize cocks I'd imagine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

event wrote: »
    kevin doyle would be a great signing for ye. he is level headed, wouldnt fall out with the manager, has no problem doing a job for ye on the wing if needed, is lethal in the air without being very tall, is quick, can run all day. he is a very good striker and would be a better signing than bellamy IMO.

bellamy is quality on his day, but will be 31 by the start of the season. he has always picked up injuries and if his pace starts to go, he wouldnt be half the player he is. you dont know when he is going to fall out with the manager either.

luis fabiano would be the best of the lot, but i cant see that happening tbh

oh man, stop with this talk. doyle is a championship player, defo not a champs league one

I tell ya,

If he was happy on the bench and we didn't pay a penny over 7m (which won't happen) I think he'd be no worse then Pav as an option.

I kept an eye on him last night and I think I have been hard on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I tell ya,

If he was happy on the bench and we didn't pay a penny over 7m (which won't happen) I think he'd be no worse then Pav as an option.

I kept an eye on him last night and I think I have been hard on him.

if you take that back now il forgive you !
    pav's a proven goalscorer and without him we might not be in the champions league ? he has C.L experience i think ? dont hold it to me though
    what does doyle have ? id honestly cry if we got doyle
    i cringe about seeing him playing up front against the likes of barca,real,inter,munich all teams we could come up against if we are to quailfy :rolleyes:

I just don't see it in Pav,

In 34 apps for wolves Doyle has scored 9

In 44 for spurs and I'd imagine a much much better supply Pav has scored 10.

I'm not saying Doyle is a better player then Pav or that he should be anywhere near the starting 11 but if Pav does go in the summer I think we could do worse then Doyle on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I really don't think we have such a strikeforce that we should be looking to bolster the bench. As it stands: Defoe, Crouch, Pav, Gudjohnson. Those are 4 good strikers but I think the priority should be a top class striker and a good cover full back (good enough that they may well have to replace our sicknotes).

Kold wrote: »
    I really don't think we have such a strikeforce that we should be looking to bolster the bench. As it stands: Defoe, Crouch, Pav, Gudjohnson. Those are 4 good strikers but I think the priority should be a top class striker and a good cover full back (good enough that they may well have to replace our sicknotes).

is his loan spell not up???

keane back into that fold as well i believe.
    personally id prefer anyone of them ahead of doyle. one trick pony(headers)

hmmm,

maybe your right. Although to take Chelsea off the top of my head your talking Droghba Terry Both Coles Anelka and Ballack. I know on a knob scale which is worse between out examples.

I see your point though, it's fair to say that footballers in general are probably more often **** but I see the likes of King and Crouch who both seem to be top blokes.

And you forgot Woodgate and Defoe two prize cocks I'd imagine :)

i dont think we have the worst by any stretch of the imgnination!.

think chelsea may very well top that!

We are consistently linked with dzeko but no one at the club has mentioned him at all :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bidding war with City? Oh well :(

Advertisement