Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't see robbie going to Celtic surely he has seen how poor they are and not to mention that Celtic can't pay that kind of money.

I'd love to see Cole come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd love to see Cole come in.

appar Cole to Gooners is a done deal. Will believe when he puts the jersey on but thats what I have heard.

No major harm if true. That's the kind of player I'd like though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No major harm if true. That's the kind of player I'd like though

Cole is a good player but not what we need. We have plenty of options on the left which is where he normally operates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

cole is exactly what we need. he can play in any position across the midfield. he scores plenty goals (which our midfielders dont do) and he performs in the big away games (which we also need badly)

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    cole is exactly what we need. he can play in any position across the midfield. he scores plenty goals (which our midfielders dont do) and he performs in the big away games (which we also need badly)

We'll have to agree to disagree so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »

great addition

pav wants to leave - yet again

lets hope he gets sold so he can sulk somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im not really sure whether i want pav to stay or not. I rate him much higher than crouch, especially for the CL but if the talk of 12-15 milion is anywhere near true then it would be a good bit of business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Pav is an enigma -- his burst of good form really helped us but overall I'd say I was less than impressed. I also don't understand the love a lot of the fans have for him and the ire they show Robbie.
    We're a funny old bunch of supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Pav is an enigma -- his burst of good form really helped us but overall I'd say I was less than impressed. I also don't understand the love a lot of the fans have for him and the ire they show Robbie.
    We're a funny old bunch of supporters.

It's because Pav is probably the best striker we have at the club and Robbie is no longer good enough.

I'd like to keep Pav but his attitude has been bad. I don't think it's helped by Harry's selections, I think we may lose Gio for the same reason. Shame really because these boys really look like top quality players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We should be able to buy a more than adequate replacement for Pav i reckon, as for Gio his attitude must be bad or else Harry would have given him a chance.

Kold wrote: »
    It's because Pav is probably the best striker we have at the club and Robbie is no longer good enough.

I'd like to keep Pav but his attitude has been bad. I don't think it's helped by Harry's selections, I think we may lose Gio for the same reason. Shame really because these boys really look like top quality players.

IF Pav is our best striker we're in serious you-know-what. An in-form RK would be a far better option. But who knows if Robbie will rediscover his best?

IF Pav is our best striker we're in serious you-know-what. An in-form RK would be a far better option. But who knows if Robbie will rediscover his best?

Legs are gone imo. From what I saw of him earlier this season anyway.

Legs are gone imo.

Where are they gone ? ;)

we need to sell robbie, pav, jenas and bentley

that could give us 30 million

30 plus the 20 that levy usually makes available makes 50 million

buy suarez from ajax, huntelaar from milan and a decent right back

Would you prefer a big name striker or a few squad players seeing as we have CL this year and injuries aren't going to be any better this season? I think Bentley could still be of use considering the amount of games and should only be sold if we got near what we paid for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd prefer the one or two big name players that will qualify us for the group stages of the Champions League and also either keep us in 4th or push us into a battle for 3rd next season.

Need to get big name players who can make an impact though,

Look at City! Of all the players they bought very few made the impact they should havevya know?

• Advertisement

Legs are gone imo. From what I saw of him earlier this season anyway.

Funny you should say that I heard something similar that apparently came from Harry. he thinks his legs might be gone as well. But whatever happened to "He's lost a yard of pace but plays the game in his head" ;-)

Funny you should say that I heard something similar that apparently came from Harry. he thinks his legs might be gone as well. But whatever happened to "He's lost a yard of pace but plays the game in his head" ;-)

Keane was a great servant to the club but he's no Teddy.

what about ballack. free transfer and the man has bags of big game experience.

he would control things from the midfield in the european matches. we could get 2 years out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

If we decide to sell Gio in the summer, his price has probably gone way up since the start if the world cup. I thought he was bloody brilliant last night, and hopefully he keeps it up in the knockout stages as well! Harry will probably end up hanging onto him, though if we are to sell him I think we'll make profit

I think we should hold onto Gio for another season and ruin him completely.

What did we pay for Gio?

If he puts in a big preformance against agentina in the next round you'd never know we could see him for a bundle.

what about ballack. free transfer and the man has bags of big game experience.

No way man, somebody said Robbie's legs were gone, what does that make Ballacks condition :D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No way man, somebody said Robbie's legs were gone, what does that make Ballacks condition :D

robbies all round play is gone, sherringham never had legs and was outstanding all through his career.

ballack is an intelligent player who would serve us well in champs league. the game is slower there etc and he has done it all b4 and would be a good person in the dressing room to have

robbies all round play is gone, sherringham never had legs and was outstanding all through his career.

ballack is an intelligent player who would serve us well in champs league. the game is slower there etc and he has done it all b4 and would be a good person in the dressing room to have

Im sorry pal, have to disagree. 33/34 years of age, has lost any pace or turn of foot he ever had, would no doubt expect 60/80k a week, no thanks. Most Chelsea fans would probably tell you he has been a huge dissapointment during his time there.

To say ' robbies all round play is gone ' is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What did we pay for Gio?

If he puts in a big preformance against agentina in the next round you'd never know we could see him for a bundle.

We got Gio for 5.5mil if I remember correctly. He's like a sh1t, far more inconsistent version of Messi. If he was confident and had the managers backing, we could really do with him in the CL I think...

Advertisement