Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We'd be lucky to make that back IMHO. Although might be no harm to keep him for this season given CL and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cianan2 wrote: »
    We got Gio for 5.5mil if I remember correctly. He's like a sh1t, far more inconsistent version of Messi. If he was confident and had the managers backing, we could really do with him in the CL I think...

I remember he put in a very impressive performance against Shakhtar (I think) when Harry put out a second string team and we got knocked out of the UEFA Cup. He is probably at his best in a wide left position in a 4-5-1 formation but maybe he can play in the hole in a 4-4-1-1 formation?

There are players I would rather see go before Gio but Harry doesn't seem to rate him and I'd say he will be gone after the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

heard from a mate that robbie keane to villa is pretty much a done deal now

no idea on fee though

just what i heard, could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

event wrote: »
    heard from a mate that robbie keane to villa is pretty much a done deal now

no idea on fee though

just what i heard, could be wrong though

Sounds Legit anyway :P

I'd hope to get around £6 million for Keane if he does go this summer.

I would also believe it,

Sad to see I kinda hoped he would price them all wrong for us ya know?

Still though, he played well for the club and was special in the calender year of 2007 IMO. Got to look forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Sounds Legit anyway :P

I'd hope to get around £6 million for Keane if he does go this summer.

Jeez I'd hope he's worth more than £6 mill! He'll do well for them, and most likely score against us at least once next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Man Utd rule out bid for Cole (Sky Sports News)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I thought he was going to Arsenal definitely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Kold wrote: »
    I thought he was going to Arsenal definitely?

me too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Redknapp has said we've contacted Cole's agent.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6227659,00.html

• Advertisement

I can't see him coming TBH,

he is obviously driven by the money and is gonna wait for a moneybags club to come.

I understand he turned down the bones of 100k a week from Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So we need to get some Germans in loose, podolski whoever really they all looked class.

I'd scamble for at least 3 or 4 of them TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Ive always liked Podolski and reckon he would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

kakee wrote: »
    Ive always liked Podolski and reckon he would be class.

3 goals for Cologne last season. An absolute disaster for bayern before that. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

check this out guys:

http://www.football-italia.net/jun28t.html

hope its true! :pac:

nipps wrote: »
    check this out guys:

http://www.football-italia.net/jun28t.html

hope its true! :pac:

Seems to be ok, Sporting life have it this morning.

2 really good players.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/06/28/manual_225446.html

And 2 areas we need to fill. I'd say Pav will be off so. 35m is a lot of cash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

And 2 areas we need to fill. I'd say Pav will be off so. 35m is a lot of cash though.

Huge Money. But both are young with great potential sell on value.

You don't really spunk out 35m with the intention of selling on though. Kjaer looks good but I haven't seen much of Cavani. Lets hope they can do a job and not end up being worth half their fee like Bentley.

• Advertisement

You don't really spunk out 35m with the intention of selling on though. /QUOTE]

Yes obviously, but at least they aint 28/29 years of age and in 2 years time, they are worth only a small fraction of the price paid for them.

Well looks like we didn't bid for them and kjaer has been linked with wolfsburg. I wonder will we get anyone in before august I'd say they might wait to see if we get champions league football

City's midfield is getting awfully packed. Wonder could we snatch Bellamy?

Or Ireland?

His level of knob not withstanding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ireland is a wanker - dont want him, this is the guy we want

COYS very own Legend and ITK (In The Know), POTL, yesterday announced that Joe Cole was in talks with us over a move to The Lane.

Apparently, the Spurs lads at the World Cup did a pretty good job of convincing Joe that White Hart Lane is the place to be. Let's face it, Cole wouldn't have received any advice from the England Arsenal players, would he??

mickman wrote: »
    ireland is a wanker - dont want him, this is the guy we want

COYS very own Legend and ITK (In The Know), POTL, yesterday announced that Joe Cole was in talks with us over a move to The Lane.

Apparently, the Spurs lads at the World Cup did a pretty good job of convincing Joe that White Hart Lane is the place to be. Let's face it, Cole wouldn't have received any advice from the England Arsenal players, would he??

:D:D:D
    Brilliant- I see Mr Wenger is giving his tuppence now and what England are doing wrong too. Maybe if he played a few English players their national side would improve?

Its like taking lectures on austerity from Imelda Marcos.

Still not convinced by the whole Cole thing. Very similar to modric and krancjar. Maybe Harry plans to play Luka in the middle like the handful of games at the end of last season, and cole on the left... who knows. In saying all that, it's a squad game so the more the merrier.... for the long season ahead.

The last two summers have been so weird with our lack of transfer activity and speculation

The last two summers have been so weird with our lack of transfer activity and speculation
    Well there's a recession and before that we were buying loads. Had to be a drop off eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

hasnt harry said we have spoken to joe cole? thats all i heard. nothing about weather he is/was interested in coming to white hart lane

Advertisement