Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I wish we'd buy muller he's looked so good in this world cup

Anyone else think cole is a certain with him and Harry getting on so well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Dunno, still can't decide how I feel about him joining. If he stays fit he'll be of use, and we wouldn't be paying a fee, all good. Will he improve us that much though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

He's quite versatile. I'd say it's win-win getting him in. We have a few LMs but I don't see us having less injury problems this season. Also, we could always sell Krancjar and make a tidy profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kold wrote: »
    Also, we could always sell Krancjar and make a tidy profit.

No thanks, id rather Niko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I read an with interview with Cole saying that he wants to play more central like he did at west ham and how he doesn't like it on the left.

Any place for him CM?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Depends on if Wilson can get back to his form from the start of the season, which I really hope he can do. I'd still prefer Bale, Modric, Wilson, Lennon as our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Anyone else think cole is a certain with him and Harry getting on so well?

saw this posted on another forum earlier

I was talking to Harry Redknapp at the Pro Am in Adare today and he said that the Joe Cole Deal to liverpool is almost done and with the world cup Forlan has had there is no way they will pay an inflated price for Forlan.

Very chatty guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Cavani was shocking in every game I saw him in the World Cup. Don't think he even got a shot off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Forlan has said that he doesn't want to come back to the Premier League and is happy at Athletico so that one is a non runner anyway.

• Advertisement

Forlan seems to have opened himself up to offers today. Would he be worth a go? Gonna pay big bucks for him but I think he has a point to prove in the premiership and has CL experience which is a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ziedth wrote: »
    Forlan seems to have opened himself up to offers today. Would he be worth a go? Gonna pay big bucks for him but I think he has a point to prove in the premiership and has CL experience which is a plus.

too old in my view as he would still fetch 10 million or more

mickman wrote: »

Agreed.

Where would people like us to buy striker seems to be most popular?
    I reckon Kaboul did a bang up job at RB he was great going forward and good defensively too! Pantsil or Figueroa would be good for full backs there proven as well although a left wing of BAE and Bale is really really good!!!
    Wouldn't mind picking up Connor Wickem and loaning him back to Ipswich for experience

What age is he? He's surely not older then 31-32 is he?

Suarez said recently
    Ajax striker Luis Suarez has revealed there have been "multiple offers" from Premier League sides but insisted he will only join Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester United.

The 23-year-old hit 50 goals in all competitions for the Dutch giants last season, including 35 in the Eredivisie.

And after scoring three times for Uruguay at the World Cup, Suarez has attracted the attention from a host of European clubs, including several top Premier League teams.

Suarez has been linked with a move to England for most of his career and the striker has finally admitted that a move to the Premier League would be too hard to resist.

He told the Daily Star on Sunday: "I am not going to make any secret of my admiration for the Premier League.

"What I love about it is the fact that there are five or six Champions League quality teams in the league - and no other league in the world boasts that. "When you look at the players Manchester City and Liverpool have like Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano, David Silva, Yaya Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor and see they are playing UEFA Cup and not Champions League football, it tells you everything you need to know about the strength of the league.
    "I know I have had a very good World Cup and with that naturally comes interest from other clubs.
    "If a Premier League side comes in for me it will be very difficult for Ajax to keep me and I think they are fully aware of that."
    For Suarez, a move to Manchester United in particular would be a dream switch but he did not rule out a transfer to Harry Redknapp's Tottenham Hotspur.
    "Manchester United are a great side and, along with Real Madrid are the most prestigious club in the world," Suarez added.
    "You know if you join Manchester United and are there for any length of time you will win things.
    "Tottenham hold appeal as well though, they are a team with great ambition and have done well to reach the Champions League.
    "I like teams that have shown ambition through the money they spend.
    "If there are multiple offers form the Premier League I will take time to decide - but at the moment they are the two clubs that stand out for me."

And Jol said we put a bid in in January so maybe this is a possibilty

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kamonyespurs

Unusually quite on the transfer market after the World Cup, usually a bit of activity to mop up those who did well in WC. With Keane coming back (And Rednapp has confirmed this) there's got to be something going to happen, I don't believe the season ticket holders will put up with highly paid strikers sitting on the bench for most of the season, Defoe, Crouch, Pavilachenko, Keane etc. These guy's are on megga bucks, and apart from the arse falling out of the economy Spurs need to buy in some defenders that can cover for Ledley King and now Micheal Dawson who seems to be becoming a bit more injury prone.:confused:

Talk of coke going to Liverpool today, he's obviously not right in the head.

Looks like we will sign this croatian goalkeeper . We were linked with him a few times over the last 12 months, finally looks like going through. He will obviously compete with Cudicini for the no. 2 spot.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6269450,00.html

yeah if cole goes to the pool then its all about money for him and we better off without him

kept an eye on the match sat night, keane had plenty of chances for easy finishes but yet again he missed every single one of them. we need to off load him and quick

• Advertisement

cole has signed for liverpool

just shows what is important to him

cole has signed for liverpool

just shows what is important to him

Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Cole will just join their injury list for the rest of the year anyway. Modric is better

cole would not have been on the left wing ,he would have been playing in the hole behind the striker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Delighted

Me too, was never too excited about him joining us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

not that bothered he's gone there ... done nothing of note over the last couple of years

Lads, where is this Sandro lad, not a mention of him all summer ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, where is this Sandro lad, not a mention of him all summer ?
    He's playing in the Copa libertados he's signed coming over on 17th of August after it's over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Sun (Not that they are that reliable ! :D) reporting today that Raul is keen on seeing out his career with us.

• Advertisement

Not a hope would we pay his wages. I'd only consider it on a pay as you play type deal.

I just have a feeling that they are waiting till qualify for CL before we go in for anyone.

Advertisement