Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A lot of talk about Harry want's three players and appaerently he already has a keeper down as one of them.
    Ossie mentioned he felt we needed a striker and a creative midfielder although depending on how Kaboul develops maybe we need a right back as well.
    I'd love to see Ireland and Fabiano come in although I think getting Richards from city would be a huge coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Harry said today that Raul is out of our reach( other words for past it IMO) and he has 3 targets that he want. Fabiano is def one, i'm thinking Ireland and I dunno after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He says he wants 3 players - assuming a keeper is one,and a centre forward is the other, is central defence the other area we need to strengthen in ? Ledley and woodgate cannot be relied upon by the looks of it, especially as we will be playing sat-tue/wed-sat most weeks !

Central midfield looks ok, with hudd/jenas :rolleyes:/wilson/modric/sandro all options.
    Right full is a little concern for me, Charlie doesn't convince me, even though he always seems to do enough.
    OK at left full with BAE and Bale as options - even though neither set the world on fire defensively.

Out wide, we are fine.
    If we got a top striker, I'd imagine we will let keane/pav go, most likely keane.

I'm not so sure he is as happy with midfield if he went so strongly in for Cole. Although maybe it was just the fact he was on a free!

I could still see him going for the likes of Bellamy and shipping Keane and/or Pav.

I would rather see us get them in now just in case the unthinkable happens next month in CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kamonyespurs

Sun (Not that they are that reliable ! :D) reporting today that Raul is keen on seeing out his career with us.
    Surely not !, Spurs have got to move on and get "Current" great players not players in the twilight of their careers. O.K Klinsman was an exception but the wage Bill at Spurs is crazy and bringing the likes of Raul in who's goin to be warming his arse on the bench at £100k a week is just not on.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kamonyespurs

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He says he wants 3 players - assuming a keeper is one,and a centre forward is the other, is central defence the other area we need to strengthen in ? Ledley and woodgate cannot be relied upon by the looks of it, especially as we will be playing sat-tue/wed-sat most weeks !

Central midfield looks ok, with hudd/jenas :rolleyes:/wilson/modric/sandro all options.
    Right full is a little concern for me, Charlie doesn't convince me, even though he always seems to do enough.
    OK at left full with BAE and Bale as options - even though neither set the world on fire defensively.

Out wide, we are fine.
    If we got a top striker, I'd imagine we will let keane/pav go, most likely keane.

I think we are O.K on the goal keeping front, midfield and up front (O.K we need to offload someone with Keane, Pav, Defoe and Crouch on mega bucks), but we need a top quality Center Half to play along side Dawson, they're not goin to push on depending on King for every third or fourth game, that won't work.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Says here that the three players we are after are Suarez, Bellamy and Richards: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/27/2043197/tottenham-hotspur-set-for-25m-move-for-ajax-striker-luis

The bit about a switch towards a 4-2-3-1 fromation makes sense given our previous interest in Joe Cole.

The Beeb and Sky reporting that we have had a bid for Parker rejected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As above, West Ham rejected a bid for Scott Parker.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8863062.stm

He's a decent player, but i had hoped we'd be aiming a little higher then him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Not bleedin Parker! He failed in a CL team (Chelsea) and has found his level with West Ham. I'm shocked and hope this isn't the height of our ambitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Its a stange decision to bid for Parker, he certainly would not get in the team ahead of Huddlestone nor Palacios and with O Hara and Sandros there also. I really cant see how Parker would improve the squad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Agree with the rest of you regarding Parker. Why are we in for him? We have plenty of quality in mid field and don't see how the addition of him would help!

I'd rather Parker over Jenas anyway. With hopefully lots of games to be played, and with Palacios likely to pick up a fair few yellows it would be handy to have Parker around.

If Harry does intend on using 4-2-3-1 on occasion then you'd be looking at Palacios, Huddlestone and Parker competing for the 2 DCM slots.

Having said all that, I think that O'Hara (if he stays) would be perfect for this role, with strengthening elsewhere more of a priority IMO.

What type of midfielder is Sandro?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd rather Parker over Jenas anyway. With hopefully lots of games to be played, and with Palacios likely to pick up a fair few yellows it would be handy to have Parker around.

If Harry does intend on using 4-2-3-1 on occasion then you'd be looking at Palacios, Huddlestone and Parker competing for the 2 DCM slots.

Having said all that, I think that O'Hara (if he stays) would be perfect for this role, with strengthening elsewhere more of a priority IMO.

What type of midfielder is Sandro?

Sandro is a defensive midfielder also.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Sandro is a defensive midfielder also.

In that case the move for Parker is a very strange one.

I like Parker. He's a bit old at 29 but maybe they're looking for some experience to teach Sandro the ropes?

I like Parker too,

Maybe a bit of cover is all at the right price much like Cole was going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

So Judas is going to Newcastle..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kold wrote: »
    So Judas is going to Newcastle..

judas?which one!:D
    campbell;)

Redknapp admits interest in disgruntled Ireland

Stephen+Ireland.jpeg

Stephen Ireland has hit back at Roberto Mancini - claiming the Manchester City manager has never given him a chance to prove himself.
    Mancini has boosted his midfield options significantly since taking charge at Eastlands — and Ireland has attracted interest from *Tottenham, Sunderland and Fulham.
    There were rumours of a row during the club’s *pre-season trip to the USA, although Mancini claims he is keeping an open mind about Ireland’s future.
    The 23-year-old, who was named City’s player of the year the season before last after scoring 13 goals from *midfield, has not been picked by the Italian since the last-gasp *defeat by Manchester United in April – when he failed to track a run from Paul Scholes, who scored with a header.

He said: “I came off playing 67 games to playing just 16, including substitute appearances, last season.
    “So I can’t really live up to what I did before if I am not getting the opportunities.
    “I don’t think any player would be happy being a *back-up player and I wouldn’t either.
    “The first two months of the coming season I could be *sitting on the bench. God knows I could be in the stands.
    “If I haven’t played much by Christmas then, like any *player, I would want to know what is happening. If things don’t happen then we will have to look at it again.”
    Mancini has denied being at odds with Ireland — but he has still to be convinced the player can hold a place in a team swelled by the arrivals of top midfielders like Yaya Toure and David Silva — with James Milner maybe still to come.
    “I have never once said I wanted to leave or kicked up a fuss,” said Ireland.
    “The way it stands at the *moment I am working my socks off in training and trying to prove to the gaffer that I am good enough to stay.
    “I am very ambitious but things are out of my hands. I have a contract so all I can do is keep performing, presenting myself well in training and if I must move on, so be it.”
    Harry Redknapp has *declared he’d be interested in the star — at the right price.
    The Spurs boss said: “I like him, but he is expensive.
    “Maybe he’ll be £11m or 12. We wouldn’t be in a position to spend that much on him if that’s what they’re wanting.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Stephen-Ireland-is-attracting-interest-from-Tottenham-as-he-grow-further-disgruntled-at-Manchester-City-article542653.html

I think he'd be class for us I'd love to see him come over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

I think he'd be class for us I'd love to see him come over

I must admit I'd like to see him join us too, he would be a great addition, in footballing terms. The only thing that would worry me is his attitude.

Leucifer wrote: »
    I must admit I'd like to see him join us too, he would be a great addition, in footballing terms. The only thing that would worry me is his attitude.
    Footballing wise he has a great attitude this is the guy who does extra trainning on his holidays to be fit for the new season his attitude is fine to be fair.

Yanninck Djalo is now being tipped by his agent to move to England with us the favourites to land his signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Djalo is a good player, wont be able to play in Europe for us though as he has already played in a Europa cup qualifier.

Would love to see us get Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ireland - no way. total child

parker - yes, defo. very good player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Agreed that ireland would be a great signing and he is a qualify performer on the pitch, but his attitude is a concern.. espiescially if we also signed bellamy.

Most teams can hndle one loud mouth moaner but two f them - thats another story.

Imagine if we signed both and you just know that come the first mini-crisis of the seaon, they'd be the first one's in the paper moaning about it (if Harry did'nt beat them to the back page first)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Spurs set for Huntelaar swoop - Various

Tottenham Hotspur are looking to sign AC Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in a swap deal involving Giovani Dos Santos. Would this be a good deal for Spurs?

this was on Sky Sports News,

also this, Redknapp could yet snap up some permanent deals though, with AC Milan reportedly keen to swap Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for Giovani dos Santos. (Mail)

me personally, i like the sound of Huntelaar comin to Spurs! but wonder can it happen, hope so,:confused::confused:

I don't wanna lose Gio if he puts his head down this year he could become world class

• Advertisement

I don't wanna lose Gio if he puts his head down this year he could become world class

Yea I agree. I think he really could be amazing if given a chance. Hopefully he'll excel this season. Would love to see it.

Advertisement