Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Taarabt joins QPR permanently

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6295714,00.html

Was never really going to get a look in at first team. Good player though hope he does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Taarabt joins QPR permanently

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6295714,00.html

Was never really going to get a look in at first team. Good player though hope he does well.

thought that barca and madrid wanted him :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

mickman wrote: »
    thought that barca and madrid wanted him :-)

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Yea I agree. I think he really could be amazing if given a chance. Hopefully he'll excel this season. Would love to see it.

The potential here is obvious for anyone to see. Ultimately, the two big questions are whether or not Harry has the confidence in him to produce the goods on a consistent basis together with the conundrum on where he would fit into the team?! A team with Dos Santos, Lennon and Modric stinks of a lack of physicality which would be a blatant problem for us.

He's looking sharp though in pre-season and his touch on for Bale the other night against Benfica was exquisite!

I reckon Harry will leave it til the last minute for a few late swoops for some players. There are teams out there (i.e. Man City) who will have no other choice but to clean out a few players before finalising their 26 man squad...

YIDS!

Off topic, but wondering if anyone knows where I can get a new spurs jersey?? Was looking to get it off www.soccertriads.com but they still haven't got the new one available yet.

Any one any ideas or other sites that have it??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Off topic, but wondering if anyone knows where I can get a new spurs jersey?? Was looking to get it off www.soccertriads.com but they still haven't got the new one available yet.

Any one any ideas or other sites that have it??

Thanks

Hi T-b0n3,

Check ou this site:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/wholesale-Soccer-Jersey_c957

I see that they have a version of the new Spurs jersey - Bizarrely with Holsten as the sponsor rather than Autonomy! Might be good for that ultra retro look :)

I know that this site is based in China. I've never bought a jersey from them but I've purchased a phone from them which arrived safe and sound.

You can also get the new Ireland kit on this site for next to nothing!

Cheers,

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

So City want rid of Adebayor... If he'd take a severely cut wage I'd snap him up. That celebration last season kinda made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Redknapp was saying he has three players he wants to bring in but he can't get other players sold and when we think about it in the squad who is there we can afford to let go? Bently maybe but he's injured so it's unlikely we'll sell him. O'Hara maybe? Naughton? Jenas?

Or Perhaps Levy wants us to reach the group stages of the champions league before he releases funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

has gudjohnson signed does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

has gudjohnson signed does anyone know?
    No, but linked with Fulham today. I thought we would have signed him up, especially for Champs League.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Woodgate wrote: »
    No, but linked with Fulham today. I thought we would have signed him up, especially for Champs League.

If Gio is stepping up to the plate I would rather keep him than Eidur.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I really wish we would go out and buy another centre half. I think we are way too light there for the season coming up. In all the pre-season friendlies we gave away soft goals - now I understand they were friendlies and not best combination playing etc,etc, but I really think an injury to Daws and we are in trouble. I do not like the look of Charlie or Hudd there.

Anyone know anything about us signing the young Honduran striker? Only 17 but he looks huge and built

Ps Gallas would be a fantastic free signing as long as he comes in and plays well the crowd will love him.

Ps Gallas would be a fantastic free signing as long as he comes in and plays well the crowd will love him.
    Are you serious? William FCUKING Gallas? Ex scum? Does Harry want to turn the crowd against him or what? I hope it's a ruse and Harry's after someone else....

Are you serious? William FCUKING Gallas? Ex scum? Does Harry want to turn the crowd against him or what? I hope it's a ruse and Harry's after someone else....
    If he can do a job and help take us above Arsenal you won't be saying that

this immature approach has to stop. cole went to chelsea, did the fans hate him. did the arsenal fans hate campbell, of course not.

gallas is good enough and should be taken on board

this immature approach has to stop. cole went to chelsea, did the fans hate him. did the arsenal fans hate campbell, of course not.

I don't know, Gallas is a bit of a nut case. Said he'd score OG's for Chelsea unless they'd let him leave etc? I for one certainly don't want him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rahl

I thought that we were in talks with Gallas and he rejected us because we wouldn't give him the two year deal he wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gallas = cnut.

80/90 odd grand a week for a fella like him, no thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Maybe the arsenal fans didn't hate campnell but a large proportion of them never warmed to him either.

As for gallas he;s past it. Forget him!

PS I think Arry is in a wind up when he keeps mentioning ex goons like Gallas and Viera

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I don't know, Gallas is a bit of a nut case. Said he'd score OG's for Chelsea unless they'd let him leave etc? I for one certainly don't want him.

I hate Gallas, he's a total and utter cnut .
    But I will spport Harry's judgment he he signs Gallas.
    Can't see myself cheering on that prick though :mad:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Gallas = cnut.

80/90 odd grand a week for a fella like him, no thanks...

there is no 80 / 90 grand a week. harry has said that he is not being greedy at all, our cap is 60k a week i think so obviously he is not asking for anymore than that

we are short on centre halves for all competitions, gallas has done it at every level. he would be a good free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Surely Harry could find a better option than william gallas ffs. Harry was at the world cup and would I thought he would have seen something.
    Do we really want this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PTUMgpHPn0. Why not go for someone like Gary Cahill or Roger Johnston, young,english and good defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Young and English = 3 or 4 million more then they are worth though in my opinion. Having said that though I do like Cahill!

Surely it's cover we need more then a big player because few are better then woody, Dawson and King when fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Surely it's cover we need more then a big player because few are better then woody, Dawson and King when fit.

Yeah you are right about the boys we have but the fact is that Woodgate may never play again and Ledley can't play every week. I know we have Bassong. Say we didn't sign a top defender in this window what would happen if we got one our two bad injuries before janurary.

kakee wrote: »
    Yeah you are right about the boys we have but the fact is that Woodgate may never play again and Ledley can't play every week. I know we have Bassong. Say we didn't sign a top defender in this window what would happen if we got one our two bad injuries before janurary.

our season will be in serious trouble if that happens. we need bodies people and im starting to get a little worried that we may not get them in. we will get caught up then in the euphoria of the champs league and get thumped every sat

gary cahill is 15 million quid. way too expensive

Loic Remy could be on his way this week to spurs or marseille this week

Loic Remy could be on his way this week to spurs or marseille this week
    I'd nearly take anybody at this stage. But who do we offload to make room? By the way I've read Joe Cole was awful today for Liverpool before getting a red card :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good enough for him,

I suppose can't blame him for choosing to be a medium fish in a small pond :)

I can't believe that a team that was so off the pace last Season can be talked up for signing a player who can't cut it a poor juve team and someone who thinks they can't break into the spurs team :)

part of me wanted arsenal to hit them for six today.

Advertisement