Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Talk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I'd nearly take anybody at this stage. But who do we offload to make room? By the way I've read Joe Cole was awful today for Liverpool before getting a red card :):)

he didnt get involved at all really tbh. his tackle was very poorly timed and looked bad

i watched the whole game and to be fair spurs are better than both of those teams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Harry was saying we almost had a player wrapped up from one of the big English clubs but it fell through wish I knew who he was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have a feeling it was Bellamy, talk of his going to Cardiff today. SSN were saying we were his first choice but city wouldn't sell him to a rival.

Ya I figured it'd be Bellamy or Ireland maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Ireland gone to Villa, Bellamy gone to Cardiff. I thought Bellamy should've done his best to try stay in the Premier League though.

There is talk of JJ to go on loan to Juventus, with the option of them buying him for 10mil at the end of the season...

Also, read somewhere that Steve Bruce has said that Crouch's price was too much... I didn't know he was for sale?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I think there will be some signings made based on what we saw tonight. Speaking on tv after the game Harry said he felt we were short three players and tonights game only strengthened his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

We could have done with an experienced cb like Gallas last night. Couldnt give a flying fcuk if he played for the goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mushykeogh wrote: »
    We could have done with an experienced cb like Gallas last night. Couldnt give a flying fcuk if he played for the goons.

The Gallas of a few seasons back certainly but he's not past his sell by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

£15m Luis Fabiano bid ready.

Tottenham Hotspur are back on for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano and will make a £15 million bid for the player, should they beat Young Boys and reach the group stages of the Champions League, according to talkSPORT. It is understood French club Olympique Marseille are also interested in the 29-year-old Brazilian, offering £14.8 million, but Fabiano, who was initially unwilling to move to Tottenham earlier on in the summer, has said he would love the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League.

Watched Braga and Sevilla (1-0) on Sky last night. Fabiano played, so that means he'd be ineligible to play for Spurs in the Champions League, doesn't it, (assuming of course that Spurs win next Wednesday)? :confused:

• Advertisement

ruiseal wrote: »
    £15m Luis Fabiano bid ready.

Tottenham Hotspur are back on for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano and will make a £15 million bid for the player, should they beat Young Boys and reach the group stages of the Champions League, according to talkSPORT. It is understood French club Olympique Marseille are also interested in the 29-year-old Brazilian, offering £14.8 million, but Fabiano, who was initially unwilling to move to Tottenham earlier on in the summer, has said he would love the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League.

Watched Braga and Sevilla (1-0) on Sky last night. Fabiano played, so that means he'd be ineligible to play for Spurs in the Champions League, doesn't it, (assuming of course that Spurs win next Wednesday)? :confused:

£15m for a 29 year old? Levy will never go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

I don't want Fabiano but now with Defoe probably out for 7 months we have to sign somebody.

Bad timing on the clubs part telling Robbie he had no future at WHL. We may need him more than ever.

I think the Defoe out for 7 months thing is a wee bit exagerated, I hope anyway. Robbie is not happy, and You cant blame him really. He wants to play football every week so maybe at this stage, he's is better off leaving, although only if we have something else lined up.

I am becoming increasingly worried about the lack of a top signing/s coming in.

Gallas due for a medical at spurs Tomorrow :eek:
    Skysports understands

Gallas due for a medical at spurs Tomorrow :eek:
    Skysports understands

Disgusted.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Disgusted.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Nooooooooooooo - say it ain't so!!!!!

Dirty French Goonbag :mad:

The more I think about this, the worse I feel. Surely the WHL faithful will be against this cnut from the off. The same cnut who said he'd score og's at Chelsea if he didn't get his way, and captain of Arsenal who sat on the ground whinging and crying like a cnut......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think this is a good signing tbh.

Harry is well able to deal with tempermental characters, and he got the best out of some aged defenders at Portsmouth.

The Young Boys game showed that we need some experience at CB when King is unavailable, Gallas can provide this.

He is available on a free, and Harry has said that his wage demands are very reasonable, so it makes sense. There was no point spending big money on another promising young CB.

King and gallas at the back for young boys, id love it. Hes experienced, better than bassong and dawson imo and hes free. Im not 12 anymore so i dont really care what he has done before or played for before, once he can do a job for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Loic Remy has joined Marseilles,
    Link: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6323760,00.html
    Marseille have completed the signing of Nice striker Loic Remy on a five-year deal.
    The Mediterranean side earlier confirmed they had reached an agreement in principle with their local rivals and after passing a medical, Remy signed on the dotted line for the Ligue 1 champions.
    Remy, 23, will step into the shoes vacated by Mamadou Niang, inheriting his number 11 shirt following the Senegalese striker's move to Fenerbahce.
    The player, who joins Marseille for a fee in the region of 15million euros, had been linked with Tottenham, and recently travelled to Stoke for talks over a move but they came to nothing.
    Coach Didier Deschamps had been chasing Sevilla's Luis Fabiano but was put off by the prohibitive sums involved.
    "In as far as the expectations of the public are concerned I'd hoped to bring in a striker of international calibre like Fabiano," he told 'Experts OM'.
    "But when I was told about the figures being spoken about I cannot ask the club to buy whatever the cost. I don't have the right to ask that. If the price is not reasonable, then stop."

I don't know much about him but he seems highly rated and I thought we would get him if we secured Champions League football next week. Very worried now about what we are going to do up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

If that cnut Gallas does sign for Spurs it will be a dark day.
    However if he does play well (and thats a big if) I suppose I could stomach it.

I won't blame Harry if Gallas does sign, Harry's not a Spurs fan, he a professional manager who wants us to win games (his decisions are made with his head not his heart)

I will always hate Gallas regardless of what happens this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Strange that Harry said he wouldn't sign cambell last year but will sign Gallas now.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss if he plays well. Judge him on his actions in a spurs jersey I say.

If that cnut Gallas does sign for Spurs it will be a dark day.

I will always hate Gallas regardless of what happens this week.

Perfect Summary :D

I know people hate him because of his tantrum after the birmingham game a few years ago, but i liked that.
    Yes he acted like a spoiled child but at least he showed a bit of passion and dedication. Pissed off cos he got ripped with a penalty decision that cost his side the game, love it, better than a shrug of the shoulders and off to the nightclub without being bothered by the result.

I know people hate him because of his tantrum after the birmingham game a few years ago, but i liked that.
    Yes he acted like a spoiled child but at least he showed a bit of passion and dedication. Pissed off cos he got ripped with a penalty decision that cost his side the game, love it, better than a shrug of the shoulders and off to the nightclub without being bothered by the result.

Are you for real ? The team captain behaves like that and you condone it, thats crazy talk. Passion and dedication ??

Anyway, if he signs , he signs, nothing I can do about it. I'll still hate the cnut though.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Are you for real ? The team captain behaves like that and you condone it, thats crazy talk. Passion and dedication ??

I wouldnt say i condone it, like it, yea a bit of me does cos it shows something. He flipped cos he lost, he has a winners mentality.The vast majority of top athletes have the same trait. Any way, i think he is a good signing, its not as if every spurs player is a perfect gent now is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ziedth wrote: »
    Strange that Harry said he wouldn't sign cambell last year but will sign Gallas now.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss if he plays well. Judge him on his actions in a spurs jersey I say.

this is totally different then campbell. campbell left spurs and joined arsenal. gallas has never played for spurs, its totally different

im sick of listening to people here be so nieve and immature about this transfer. he is a proven CB in the premiership and champs league and he is free. who gives a toss who he played for before. when he left chelsea to join arsenal did the arse fans boo him, of course not so just wise up people and accept that he is good on a free. if he acts the ape we can just kick him out the door, its only a 1 year contract anyway but because he ended so badly with chelsea and arsenal he will be out for revenge on them by playing excellently with spurs.

i for one think its a good signing, another body in a position where we most need it

its not as if every spurs player is a perfect gent now is it.

Defo not, most of them are probably pricks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

Gallas to sign for Spurs

%&^$!£$$!!!! %%^£""&() and the horse he came in on.

I must add, been disappointed in our lack of signings to date this season but this is a fecken joke, No Way!! It won't work, I don't want it to work, the fans will not warm to him dirty cheat frog gooner

Advertisement