Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JA / back to work confusion, please advise?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I would really appreciate any feedback on the following matter. Please do not read into this the wrong way, as I am not trying to scam and am certainly not greedy.

I lost my job last April/beginning of May 2009 and had to receive social welfare benefits since. I was on a fairly high wage in my previous job and to say the least it was a devastating difference (as it is for ANYONE) and living on my own it was a huge struggle and so began a downfall of debt. I've been able to keep up with certain minimum payments and had to sacrifice on other things, and have no savings whatsoever as I have been living paycheck to paycheck.

I had an interview last week and got the job which I am obviously delighted about - but since my rent is due weekly, and I've started in this job working on a back month, is it possible to still receive payments from the social welfare until my back month is up? If so, I'm assuming I can pay back the payments received bit by bit? If not, what are my other options for the next 3 or 4 weeks?

Thank you soo much for any feedback either professional or from previous experiences.

Take care,

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You'll have to sign off from the date you start work but you can ask the Community Welfare Officer at your local HSE office for a repayable exceptional needs payment to get you by till payday. Congrats on the job!

Advertisement