Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q about Construction Practical (it's tomorrow)

Options
  • 10-05-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey, I know I've seen a lot of these threads popping up, but I swear, this is probably the last one...probably

Anyway, I'm looking at last years exam paper, and I see in the Dovetail Joint that it says that the slope is "1:6"

Can anyone explain what that means? We only learned how to DO dovetail joints not that...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

In this years practical exam we were given wooden dovetail templates so didnt have to worry about slopes

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

Q about Construction Practical (it's tomorrow)
    Hey, I know I've seen a lot of these threads popping up, but I swear, this is probably the last one...probably

Anyway, I'm looking at last years exam paper, and I see in the Dovetail Joint that it says that the slope is "1:6"

Can anyone explain what that means? We only learned how to DO dovetail joints not that...

You tighten your bench block in the vice and get a tri-square and draw a straight line 60mm on the block......Once thats done you get your ruler and mark out 10mm from the straight line you just did.....Connect the two points and thats your slope...Ajust the sliding bevel to the line that has the angle.:pac:

Advertisement