Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics

Options
  • 10-05-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I'm a Junior Cert student going in to Transition Year but I want to be sure of my options for the Leaving Cert.

How is Home Economics, really?

Some students I know in the LC say that it's really difficult and I'd like some opinions here? Er... I haven't done Home Ec for the Junior Cert (I was coerced into taking Music instead) and the options I'm thinking of for the LC are Art, Japanese (if I can grasp it alright in TY) and Home Ec, but I don't want to choose it if it'll be completely over my head.

I'll see if I can try it out in TY regardless but I'd like some opinions, if you're not all cramming for your exams like I know I am :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

I absolutely hate this subject.. only one person in my class didnt do it for the junior cert,, and she finds it very tough...

:P:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jellybabby

Eh i didn't do it for the j.c n i love it, a lot of learning but i really like it n i'd be near the top of the class n only two of us didn't do it for the j.c, saying that, the other girl is now doing pass....the project's alot of work but if it's done right usually gets high marks....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I loved it for the JC and if I could swap now, I would 12000000% swap home ec for music!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Must be on my own here. I think its easy enough. I mean, theres some hard stuff in there, but then there's some of the LQ's which are usually 'gifts'. And the Social question for the elective reminds me of CSPE, fairly common sense. But things like protein, fat, all that stuff where you gotta know structures and stuff. Thats a balls.
    I didn't do it for the JC, only 2/3 in my class did. I got 60 in the mocks with next to no study. Its VERY doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Must be on my own here. I think its easy enough. I mean, theres some hard stuff in there, but then there's some of the LQ's which are usually 'gifts'. And the Social question for the elective reminds me of CSPE, fairly common sense. But things like protein, fat, all that stuff where you gotta know structures and stuff. Thats a balls.
    I didn't do it for the JC, only 2/3 in my class did. I got 60 in the mocks with next to no study. Its VERY doable.

I agree, it is do-able but just for me I hate it..I couldnt even give you a reason why! I hate my teacher though so that may be a factor :mad: If I was to advise you, for easiness wise....I'd probably say go for it. A lot of other subjects are much harder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement