Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8900

Options
  • 10-05-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hi all, few questions about a blackberry 8900 and i reckoned there was no better place to ask than here, i tried to search to see if it had been covered before but had no luck.

Right, i am about to buy a BB 8900 unlocked device. I will be using it on O2 payg. Now i understand the mobile internet and mms wont work, that doesnt overly bother me, first question is is it possible to get those functions working?? Second question is, will the wifi work ok even though its been unlocked? And will i be able to get apps for it, either free or purchase.

Many Thanks
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

You can get app's for Blackberry's
    and yes the wifi will work.

But why a BB when you cant use the main features?
    IE the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Good question, i just have a massive notion for a bb, random i know. I have access to wifi quite alot of the time anyway so thats not a problem. Is it possible to get the mobile internet working again or is that just out of the question? And i assume you mean i will be able to get apps even though it is unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

only when you put a postpay o2 sim in.

I used to have a 8300
    was nice but at that time it was top of the range only one with full querty and such a big screen these days theres so much out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Alright cheers. So i can have apps but none that will work with mobile internet. Well it aint costing me a fortune so if i dont like it i can just sell it on.

Advertisement