Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depressed English Springer Spaniel

Options
  • 10-05-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello
    I'm just wondering have you come across depression in an Englisg Springer Spaniel? Mine is 7 months old, is walked twice a day & is outside all day, inside at night, really well cared for & loved.

She is usually full of the joys tail wagging etc but this evening she is quiet in herself & seems sluggish.

She was in heat until last week but we did mind her & kept her with us at all times.
    Any advice guys, greatly appreciated, as I hate seeing her like this.

Thanks,
    Rena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could be just her hormones but not harm in a check up from the vet to rule out any infections or other medical reason. Perhaps consider having her spayed once she's out of heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

If she doesn't go back to normal soon then I'd take her to the vet. She is only young so don't want to scare you, but dogs can get uterine infections because of hormone changes after coming into heat, so it might be no harm to take her to the vet. If she seems really thrown down, like she's really warm, is drinking a lot, isn't eating, etc. then she might have an infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah I'd suggest a vet visit. It's possible she could have worms/infections which could leave her drained off energy.

Is there anyone in the house who is usually there but not? Some dogs get depressed when a family member isn't there!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭PippaSpaniel

Thanks a mill guys.
    She's in much better form today but gonna go for check up just to be sure...Thanks again

Advertisement