Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

acoustic pick ups

• 10-05-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just about to order an acoustic pick up online (the one that goes over the sound hole). Is there any difference if you are left handed? can I buy as normal or are there different kinds for the citeogs?

thanks

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Normally there wouldn't be any difference with that type. I'm a citeog too and I've used a few in the past without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Gaspode wrote: »
    Normally there wouldn't be any difference with that type. I'm a citeog too and I've used a few in the past without any problems.

I'm left-handed but I play right-handed. I use the knife in my right hand. I can write sort of with my right hand, but it looks pretty retarded. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gaspode wrote: »

Sorry to barge in but does that mean that there are other types where the pickup *could* be considered right handed or left handed? I know it's a bit off topic but I was looking to purchase new pups for my lefty electric - does mounting the pickup in a lefty mean your windings are backwards or the pole pieces are the wrong height or orientation or something : is there such a thing as a left handed pickup?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

What I meant in my cack-handed way was that soundhole pickups dont generally present a problem for left handed players in terms of placement of wires, knobs etc. Some types though do have an arm with tone/vol knobs on them and these are set up for right-handed players, getting in the way for lefthanders.

I dont think there are left/right handed pickups for electric guitars, theyr'e all the same afaik.

I'm left-handed but I play right-handed. I use the knife in my right hand. I can write sort of with my right hand, but it looks pretty retarded. I hope this helps.

It helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Thanks for the feedback!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Advertisement