Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Laytown Sunrise

• 10-05-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hey guys, would love some c&c on these pics, if anyone has any input it'd b much appreciated, cheers :pac:

BE34A05C2BE94477A4A339105C05C671-800.jpg

F3B9B61F3E404BA8A24DE1D271185F14-800.jpg

21765D4073174E6C803B4F4DB9E09B18-800.jpg

Comments

Pretty much a moronic amateur myself, so take my opinions fairly lightly.

With the first one, I think there's too much room at the top of the image. A tighter crop across the top could be a good thing in my opinion. The clouds seem to die off toward the top so it's just a lot of emptiness that could be sacrificed I reckon.

Theoretically, I like the idea of the statue as a foreground object, but I don't think it came out too well in practice. I'm not sure how you could improve it (possibly with flash? to make it stand out a bit more from the background?). Holding the camera slightly higher, so the statue's head isn't in the cloud would have helped I reckon :)

The second image is nice, but I think if the camera were lower down, then the whole image would be a lot nicer to look at. Also, the path coming in from the right is a little distracting and leads you out of the photo in my opinion.

The third one is nice, and as above, could probably just do with a tighter crop across the top.

As I say again, very inexperienced myself, so take my opinion lightly.

They're nice photos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

3 shots are really nice, 1 is pick of the bunch though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Really like the first and the last shot. The first one would be even better if the cloud wasn't in the sculptures head and possibly rotate slightly more to the right to get some more detail in it's framework.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I really like the first and the third. (I actually like the space at the top of no.1!)
    Lovely textures in the clouds and the beach.
    Not so keen on the second one, though I'm not sure why. Maybe if you'd shot it from a lower position?

Very nice overall though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think the space on the top of 1 is necessary - the statue of the woman is looking up. I agree that it's a lovely photo.

The problem with the second photo is the tire track. Can't be helped on this day, I know. Better to try again on another day I guess - same as cathedrals with scaffolding all over them - it's not your fault but you're not going to get that shot (at least not of the whole structure)

The third one is lovely - the kind of thing people buy. (we could have a whole debate on whether or not people buy the right things... but if you ever want to make money at this keeping in mind what people like is a great idea :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

I agree that the tire track is off putting too. 1st one is the best. Nice work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

1 and 3 are the best alright.

The only thing I would suggest for 1 is to, as Kazujo mentioned, try to get the head of the statue to not be in the cloud. It would look better if it was in the reddish sky as it would provide more contrast.

For 3, if you had moved forward down the verge/hill (where the stairs go down) you might have gotten a slightly better angle and the stair railing would not be included. Also, on a shot like this a neutral density graduated filter (or simulated version in PP) would be handy to just lighten the beach a little bit while keeping the detail in the sky.

On 2, I can see what you probably tried to do but the line of the posts seems to lead your eye out of the image instead of into it. If you try to take the photo from a few different angles you might one that looks better...

Anyway, that's my 2c. They're overall very good and to be honest I always forget the kind of things I mentioned when I'm out and about. It's much easier to notice these things after the fact unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Cheers guys, I'm planning on heading back out there again so I'll have another go at these shots, hopefully the weather will be as good to me as it was that morning.

Advertisement